Re-working my FECing flappies list

Thanatos Ares

So I had been using the following list with brutal results for a little while down @SouthLondonLegion but then #onlythefilthful happened and I got smashed 2 months running.

So I reluctantly retired my flappies and started trying to develop and Pure Bonesplittaz list WITHOUT Arrerboys (which is another topic) but I really love the concept of a undead monster mash list so I'm hoping to return to it and hopefully get it a little more competitive than it was. So without anymore rambling from me:

Heros

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon

-Deathlance, Ancient Shield, Chalice of Blood

Artefact: Ring of Immortality

Command Trait: Ruler of the Night

General

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon

Artefact: Cursed Book/Cloak of Mist and Shadows (undecided on this)

Crypt Ghast Courtier

Units

Crypt Ghouls x10

Crypt Ghouls x10

Crypt Ghouls x10

Behemoths

Terrorgheist

Terrorgheist

Formations

Ghoul Patrol

Total 1960

Thoughts folks?

I do have the points to replace one of the terrorgheists with a Mourngul. Would that benefit the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Thanatos Ares said:

Not convinced adding more ghouls would help at all

More ghouls would give you some staying power and help you claim objectives, something you desperately need. With the exception of three places of power, the three units of ghouls are the only units you have that can claim an objective and get you a win in any of the other five matched play battles.. The d6 regen in addition to the Courtiers muster ability puts ten ghouls heads and shoulders above ten vanilla troops, but it's not that difficult to wipe out ten wounds in a turn, leaving nothing to regen. So unless you really nail the deployment of the Ghoul Patrol, and unless your opponent forgets about the objectives and focusses everything on your big flappies, you're fighting an uphill battle from the start. Killing only really matters if it gets you to an objective, or if you and your opponent are tied on objectives at the end of the match. Your opponent doesn't really need to compete with your strongest units. He just has to outcompete your three units of ten ghouls. As long as he can claim more objectives than you, it almost doesn't matter if your floppies wipe him out in the meantime.

That was my thinking too. If you take at least one block of 20, then you can keep it alive over several turns and keep topping it up with D6 models from formation and 5 from aghast. Obviously you can score on other Battleplans, just Flappies count as one model. You will lose Take and Hold.

I would upgrade one to AGKoTG - double ward save and benefits from the reroll wounds aura (unlike the MG). Then top up Ghouls.

Ok how's this then:

Heros

Vamp Lord on Zombie Dragon
General
Deathlance, Ancient Shield, Chalice of Blood
Artefact: Ring of Immortality
Command Trait: Ruler of the Night

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist

Crypt Ghast Courtier

Crypt Ghast Courtier

Units

Crypt Ghouls x20

Crypt Ghouls x20

Crypt Ghouls x20

Total 2000

No ghoul patrol but 3x 20man ghoul units with 2x courtiers topping them up and the 3 big flappies with a 5+ invun and 1 of the kings having a 2nd 5+ aswell. Both FEC flappies have reroll wounds (spell) and 1 will have reroll hits (vamp command ability)

Thoughts??

Ok so new list idea:

Heros

VLoZD (440)
General
Spear, shield, chalice
Ring of immortality
Ruler of the Night

AGKoZD (400)
Cursed Book

Varghulf Courtier (160)