FEC vs Beastclaw

LJ26

Vs Beastclaw raiders you need way more chaff! That stonehorn WILL charge you, no matter how hard you try, and it will do mortal wounds! So the best thing would be to get more ghouls and have them as a line of protection in front of your other stuff so you can counterchargen then! Also you really really need to get atleast 3 wounds into the thundertusk as fast as possible, so it doesnt deal auto 6 mortal wounds with the range attack! your monsters are way to expensive point/wound wise to play vs that mortal wound spam! Im no Flesh Eater Court player, but I think it would be good to up the ghouls to 20 each, because 10 are gone instantly and then they wont resurect anymore!

Expect at least two stonehorn, thoses things that moves 2D6+12" each turn before charging with reroll. You won't win a monster fight as his have litteraly 24 wounds and deals on average something like 8 wounds on targets with 4+ sav (+1d6 mortal wounds on charge). Plus Expect 1-2 Thundertusk, the things that deals 6 flat mortal wounds each turn at 18" range (9-14 movement) so no one i safe.
 Your best bet is to multiply your mortal wounds absorbtion aka gouls. Your could start is to remove the ghoul patrol and use your leftover points to double the number of at least two units (what would you summon with 100 points anyway?)

I think FEC will really struggle against Beastclaw Raiders. The best thing I can think of is a block of 12 Crypt Horrors buffed by at least the GKoTG (for 2 5+ ward saves), a Varghulf Courtier bringing models back and a Necromancer for Vanhels Danse Macabre. Don't deploy on the 12 inch line as you will definitely get alpha struck. Try to get lucky and double turn to get the Crypt Horrors into the Stonelord and then slowly grind it down. Meanwhile the GKoTG should be out smacking the Thundertusks.

Just a heads up with the GK on the Zdragon; you'll want to use his command ability to bring on another crypt ghast courtier. You don't have to roll for casting it; and if you bring him on the same place as you intend to use the Ghoul Patrol you'll get him & the formation courtier both bringing back dudes. 

Between the two of them, and their formation bonus you should be able to bring back at least 10 ghouls to any of the patrol units a turn, making them pretty much unstoppable against weaker infantry. At only 10 models they will get squashed by any serious monsters before they get a chance to regrow, and that's all you're going to face with beastclaw.

So I faced the BCR and iron jaws battalion at 1500 pts in escalation today. In turn 2 the frost lord on stonehorn with 3 iron jaw boar riders charged my 9 horror unit with no Deathless minions bc heroes hadn't come in yet . They wiped it out. I conceded and asked of we could run it back so we did. This time around i screened the 9 horrors with 10 ghouls. The ghouls died but I got the charge with my horrors, they were buffed with feeding frenzy from AGK on foot, command ability from vamp Lord on foot, and mystic shield. Brought him down to 1 wound in the 1st round of combat and killed him the next. Still lost the game to points but I was well on my to wiping out the rest of his army unimpeded . Sorry for the long post! 

Archived