Beginner chaos list 1k

Carnelian

Hey guys, being oh so close to finishing my tomb kings I'm theory hammering a few new army lists 

I'd quite like to start a chaos list starting with my free blood priest. Here's my attempt: 

Slaughterpriest 

Lord of Chaos

Bloodsecrator

Bloodreavers x 20

Bloodreavers x 20

Warshrine

Slaughterbrute

Basically I have simply added all of my favourite models to scrollbuilder.com and then shaved them off untill I reached 1k.

I then added a bloodsecrator as I think without that chap, the bloodreavers will be useless.

Eventually if I expanded this to 1k it would be part of a large chaos undivided army including beastman. 

What are people's thoughts on this list? Will it be fun to play?

It feels to me like it has enough threats and bodies to play to scenarios but when I've played against the bloodreavers they sure go down quickly...hence the Warshrine.  But maybe the Warshrine is a bit overkill in a 1k list?

Also the Chaos Lord's command ability will only work on the Warshrine and so be a bit useless.

The above comes to 960 points. The other option would be to replace a unit of 20 bloodreavers with a unit of 5 chosen.

I love the chosen models (and having to paint less is tempting too) but the chosen seems very expensive in matched place for their survivability- 160 points for 10 4+ save wounds...so probably won't be doing this.

One other question: is there any downside to running the bloodbound units in units of 10 rather than 20? That way they won't all get deleted at once and I'm unlikely to be able to get more than 10 models into combat anyway

Thanks for the advice.

While it's probably good advice I love the bloodreaver models I don't want to have to paint more than 40 as even that alone will take me forever!!!

Do you have thoughts on the Slaughterbrute itself? Seems like it packs a punch but I've not yet used it or played against it but I love that model

Yup. Big units of blood reavers just get blown away by too much stuff. I've totally wiped out units of 30 with just 10 hell striders. By the time the striders are done with them they are getting 3 attacks per. Thanks for that.:$

I'm really leaning toward marauders when I play Khorne. You won't get as many attacks, but you can buff the hit potential pretty well. 

30 marauders with HW and shield: Plus 1 to hit AND wound on a 4+, 5 + save add a bloodsecrator, some wrath mongers and a war shrine and you've got a nice unit that will last for at least 2-3 turns before its done for. With enough support, i.e. another such unit in close proximity, you'll give your opponent something to worry about.

Archived