1000pt Greenskins

Crispen

Hi Guys,

I'm getting ready for a 1000pt tournament coming up next month. Really want to take a greenskin army.

I was thinking

Warboss - Double choppa

Orc bully

30 boyz with choppa and shield

30 boyz with choppa and shield

10 arrer boyz

Lobba

Has anyone tried regular greenskins? How do they fare?

Thanks!

Crispy

I do 1000 pt regular greenskins often. I find the Boys with bows to be a good sneaky unit - they're not threatening, so they're good for capturing objectives. A unit of 5 boar boys is pretty decent too, they'll give you some more mobility. 

As for your list - firstly, the lobber isn't Greenskinz. Not sure if that matters to you. Second, the bully is a waste of points. I don't know how many he is, but it's a waste. He doesn't even benefit the lobber warscroll anymore. 

Those blocks of boyz that you have though are probably going to be nasty - I've never run that myself, but I can see it a) being hard to take down, and b) putting out a decent amount of damage early game. Be sure to buff them with your warboss so they get another attack, potentially doing three attacks a piece in your combat phase! As well, consider giving your warboss a banner to buff your boyz even further, since they are obviously the heavy lifters in your army. Bunker him within the confines of a unit, and make sure he doesn't get shot to death.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanks dude, I'll drop the bully then if he no longer buffs the lobber.

I've got the lobber cause I know at the tournament there is one guy running a 30 man unit of bonesplittas with bows, figured taking a figure out with the lobber would help in reducing the number of shots coming at me each turn.

I do like the idea of boar boyz, don't have them unfortunately. 

I suppose I could drop one unit of boyz to 20 and take the banner bearer? Think thats a good trade off?

The Boyz with shields are reasonably durable for light infantry. Although there's a lot out there that has -1 rend, the re-roll from the shield makes up for a lot. Just be advised that the shield is for saves made in the combat phase, so get those bad boys into combat right quickly.

The 30-strong units are a good idea for being aggressive. With 30, there's a cushion against casualties so that you can still claim the Mob Rule bonus attack. Just be aggressive with them and charge in to take the objectives. Let the arrer boyz hold the objectives. And be advised that the arrer boyz themselves aren't terribly impressive. Their bows are "meh" at best and only when they don't move. You're only likely to do damage against other light infantry.

Boar boyz have yet to really impress me in a battle. They're fast, and if they get the charge, they're reasonably killy against light infantry, but against Blightkings, Stormcasts, Brutes, etc., the lack of rending on the boar attacks makes it unlikely you'll do much damage to heavy infantry.

I run a banner boss and I can tell you that with the amount of attacks you're putting out, the re-roll 1's on the wound will pay dividends. A dual chopper boss, while a decent combatant, will be overshadowed by heavy infantry heroes. Consider putting your boss on a boar, give him a Great Waaagh Banner, and keep him behind the main blobs of boyz. His job is to stay mobile and keep the big units in range of his banner bubble and Waaagh! command ability, not to get stuck-in in combat (which seems un-orky, but trust me, it's dead kunnin').

4 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

My only worry here is a lack of mortal wounds. A hunter/ancient heavy sylvaneth force will have too many saves and rerolls for you to get through

That's just missing from the allegiance- the only mortal wound available are from an overcosted wizard and an unreliable chariot. It's the bane of the greenskinz.

Archived