Effect of multiple Gryph hounds

Pelgrane

Question

Okay, I can't find an answer to this elsewhere on the forum, but apologies if I've missed it.

if you have two units of Gryph hounds and a unit of Judicators and an enemy unit triggers the 'warning cry' ability, does the unit of Judicators get to fire twice, as the 'warning cry' ability is triggered twice? I agree that it's odd, but the wording of the rules seems to indicate this is what happens. If the two hounds were in the same unit, it would only trigger once though.

What do you guys think?

6 answers to this question

That's correct. Trigger is per unit, not per model.
Where the discussion comes in is what the effect is;
Does the unit only get to fire a single weapon I.e. a single Skybolt Bow gets to fire?
Or do you only get to fire one type of weapon, I.e. all Skybolt, but not Shockbolt bows.
Or each model gets to attack with a single ranged weapon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

That's correct. Trigger is per unit, not per model.

Is this true for all abilities like this, or is it on a case by case basis?

I run multiple units of Dark Riders, and their ability allows me to roll an additional die when they roll a 1 on their Battleshock tests and add it to the roll.  I've been playing it as a single D6 regardless of the number of Dark Rider units in range.  I'm used to seeing rules where it say something along the lines of 'within one or more units with this rule'.  I just assumed that because the Dark Riders rule says 'within 14 of Dark Riders that it means any and all.

Does this mean I get to add a D6 for each Dark Rider unit in range and add it?

6 hours ago, Sarkazim said:

I just assumed that because the Dark Riders rule says 'within 14 of Dark Riders that it means any and all.

Does this mean I get to add a D6 for each Dark Rider unit in range and add it?

I read it the same way you have been doing -- "within 14" of Dark Riders" is, to me, identical to "within 14" of any Dark Riders," so I would only ever add 1D6.

Archived