FEC with Vampire support (2000 points list)

Mr.Moe

I've been fiddling around with my FEC at 1000 points for a while now (GKOZD, Ghoul Patrol + 3 Horrors) and I want to start on planning my 2k list. I'm not hyper competetive but I still prefer a strong list. My biggest problems are that most of my units want to be in 10" of the GKOZD and I have not alot of mobility.

Also I wanted more sorcery options since it offers at least a bit of ranged combat, that's why I chose Mannfred (his survyvability fits good into my army aswell). I kitbashed a slaughterpriest with wings to portrait him, even though he should ride a horse I wanted him to look more like a wilder more feral version of a Vampire-Lord, which fit's alot better in the army-theme then riding a horse imo. The Varghulfs also fit into this theme perfectly.

I also wanted to try out Bat Swarms, I got some fitting reaper models since the GW Bat Swarms are just plain ugly. They should stack with the Cursed Book if my Heroes get into close combat with shooting units right?

My list looks like this so far:

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (400)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Cursed Book
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Count Mannfred (160)
- Artefact: Cursed Book

Units
Crypt Horrors x 6 (280)
Crypt Ghouls x 20 (200)
Crypt Ghouls x 20 (200)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Bat Swarms x 2 (80)
Bat Swarms x 2 (80)

Batallions
Ghoul Patrol (100)

Total: 2000/2000

Any C&C would be apreciated!

43 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

I don't think as a named character mannfred can take an artefact? Otherwise looks good. Would it be better to make a varghulf your general as he is more likely to be near the ghouls and therefore they will benefit from the save? 

Ah yes I forgot, I only thought about General Traits! Then I'll probably give an artifact to a Varghulf!

The GKOZD will be my general, not only fluff wise but he already has a 10" bubble with his spell, where most of my units would want to stay in anyways. I play the general very support-oriented and almost never run him into the enemy alone. Plus his command ability can be useful to summon a Varghulf in support of the Ghoul Patrol on a flank or even behind the enemy, depending on the objectives ofcourse!

Archived