Slaughterpriest Warduke

Mr. White

Finished my first WHQ:Silver Tower/ Age of Sigmar figure.

Slaughterpriest Warduke

20161010_132915

Having recently acquired Silver Tower, I was able to get my hands on this figure to add to my set. Desired because he looked to fit an old school Dungeons & Dragons character I was a fan of as a kid...Warduke.

warduke_from_dungeons_and_dragons_by_massimoatlas-d7boxpl

I poured through what was left of my bits box, to see if I had any wings or anything for the iconic Warduke helmet, but no such luck. Beyond, that the Slaughterpriest looked like a great model to use as re-imagining or ‘Warduke in the Age of Sigmar’ as it were. Warduke’s left arm is encased in blue chainmail. The Slaughterpriest doesn’t have any chainmail on his arms, but his left arm is swole as if he received a gift or mutation. I attempted to make it look like this gift resulted in a blown up blue arm and his skin color fades from the Kislev Flesh to blue. I also needed to add in two very small green stuff orbs in his helmet to paint red for his glowing eyes. I had considered going with a glow/lighting effect around these orbs on the helmet, but there doesn’t look to be enough space for my meager talents. I think I’ll leave it as is.

At any rate, here he is...Warduke arrives in the Age of Sigmar ready to challenge the Gaunt Summoner's Silver Tower.

20161010_132857

20161010_133008

I've also debated on how I was going to do the bases on the minis for this game as he is the first figure painted for Silver Tower. I had considered going with dungeon tiled bases, but think I'm going to stick with blue/grey sand as it's more versatile should I actually use these models in an Age of Sigmar game proper, GORESHOSEN, or whatever.

Archived