What's the most effective all comers Stormcast Eternals formation.

Beardyface

5 minutes ago, Zitroni said:

1. Were you finishing set up first often? What did you do when you set up first? Let the other player have the first turn and then drop in the middle of the Objectives?

2. Do you have to protect your Lord Celestant?

3. What Artefacts are you using?

4. Counts "Hurled by Sigmar's Hand" as being moved in the movement Phase? I am thinking about Crossbows for Judicators.

1. I tend to finish setting up first unless playing one of the newer books that can drop in one go. I tend to always go second to get a double turn though I never drop until turn two in Gifts from the Heavens.

2. Never really worry about the Lord Celestant and he tends not to be high on opponents list when there is a Prime and two units of Paladins running around. His main job is to give units re-rolled charges on drop. Then I tend to float him about and snipe with his cloak.

3. I use Reckless and Relic Blade on the LC and Phoenix Stone on the Venator.

4. It's deployment so not a move for crossbows. I'd never take them though as damage output is very similar only if crossbows don't move but their range is very restricting on their utility.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Beardyface said:

It's deployment so not a move for crossbows. 

I disagree, based on two things:

1. It takes place in the movement phase rather than, say, the Vexillor's teleport (which occurs in the hero phase). 

2. The last sentence in the Hurled by Sigmar's Hand ability states "This is their move for that movement phase," which clearly indicates that it is a move. 

8 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

I disagree, based on two things:

1. It takes place in the movement phase rather than, say, the Vexillor's teleport (which occurs in the hero phase). 

2. The last sentence in the Hurled by Sigmar's Hand ability states "This is their move for that movement phase," which clearly indicates that it is a move. 

Put it in the rules section and get a concensus. I've never used it personally as don't rate the crossbows.

Reading it properly now it does clearly reference it is their move so agree it'd count as moving.

Archived