Summoning Heal

Daniel

Question

I am an "old" veteran of Warhammer WFB, from the 4th edition up until the 7th. Now, I'm just starting with AoS and I have some difficulties with "letting the old rules go". So my well meant apologies if this is considered the most stupid question since the dawn of time ;)

Concerning Summoning, as I currently understand: If I have a 2000 point Death army, I have the option to have several units "in reserve", for example, a unit of 20 zombies worth 120 points. So during deployment, I'll deploy 1880 points and keep the zombie unit off of the table. Once I've cast Summon Zombies, I can place it using the normal rules (no questions there). So when that happens, I'll have my 2000 point army on the table. 

However, "back in the days", you could also "heal" your units with summoning spells. Is that still a thing? Targeting a friendly unit of zombies, than replenish lost models? Or are there different spells for this at all? If yes: what spell/character can do this? 

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Metzombie said:

You do not put units in reserve for summoning, you just use points. 

I get that, but if I play a 2000 point battle, and I reserve 400 points for summoning, I can summon anything I want up to 400 points, right?

But once a model is dead, it's dead and cannot come back.

That about the right conclusion?

Archived