Gordrakk´s great moonclan

Sadysaneto

So i´ve been  trying to fit gordrakk in a 2k match and came up with this idea.

Gordrakk + Great Moonclan.

That would mean that gordrakks command would affect every unit in the game.

No sure of how competitive it would be, but im pretty sure it will be fun.

Gordrakk - 700

Great Moonclan

warboss - 80

Shaman- 60

40 grots - 240

40 grots - 240

40 grots - 240

3 fanatics - 90

3 fanatics - 90

mangle squigs - 240

I could drop 20 grots from one unit and 1 fanatic from each unit and add one more mangler.

What dou you guys think?

The Mangler isn't in the formation right? Terrifyingly the Hooded Villain would be. At the end of the day though, those Grots are just going to get decimated by gunlines and Battleshocked off the park, the Mangler Squig even more so.

the first mangler is, the extra mangler wouldnt, i guess, so ill stick to plan a.

Wouldnt the grots get a 3+ save agains shooting with moon shield, arcane shield and bad moon?

Anyway, im used to grots, so i really dont mind being blown to pieces, lol. 

Wouldnt the grots get a 3+ save agains shooting with moon shield, arcane shield and bad moon?

In which case they drop the Mangler Squig or one of the other massive slow blocks instead. I think this army is much more useful if it's bunkering around artillery. Otherwise they can just shoot and keep walking backwards. Plus your models will end up getting in each others' way.

Don't drop the grots - they're worthless at 20, unless they're bows. Then they're just generally worthless ;) The list looks good and steady as it is!

I've seen this idea before somewhere. I think it would be a ton of fun, and should perform pretty well! Those units will probably have the biggest buff - they'll turn into little blenders! You'll just have to prepare for massive casualties and battleshock.

2 hours ago, Furious said:

Don't drop the grots - they're worthless at 20, unless they're bows. Then they're just generally worthless ;) The list looks good and steady as it is!

I've seen this idea before somewhere. I think it would be a ton of fun, and should perform pretty well! Those units will probably have the biggest buff - they'll turn into little blenders! You'll just have to prepare for massive casualties and battleshock.

massive casualties and battleshock?

like i said, i already play grots, lol

I just wanto to wreak havoc on the table, and it looks like this list can do it.

23 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

massive casualties and battleshock?

like i said, i already play grots, lol

I just wanto to wreak havoc on the table, and it looks like this list can do it.

Oops I must have missed that. Then yeah you know what I'm talking about. I was just thinking, that with Gordrakk's CA you likely won't have any reason to cast Insp. Pres. - so rush in fast and blend away! When you try it out, let us know how it goes! I look forward to hearing that Batrep

1 minute ago, Furious said:

Oops I must have missed that. Then yeah you know what I'm talking about. I was just thinking, that with Gordrakk's CA you likely won't have any reason to cast Insp. Pres. - so rush in fast and blend away! When you try it out, let us know how it goes! I look forward to hearing that Batrep

yup, you re right.  ****** Inspiring presence, ill be all out, green balls to the wall, lol

I played against a similar list to this at FHGT and it was actually pretty effective. A few points for you:

1. Make sure the blocks of 40 grots have got plenty netters in them - man they are a mega pain!

2. The formation allows 3 units of fanatics. I would have a 3, a 2, and a 1 of fanatics (or maybe 3 lots of 2) - one unit in each block of 40 grots. Popping out even a single fanatic and totally ****** up your opponents charges is massive - and often means another turn before they get into your blocks.

3. Nico talked about "massive slow blocks". But you have D6 destruction move, and you get +2 to run distance, so your supposedly  'slow' Grot blocks can potentially move 19" (OK, but not charge, but still great to get across onto objectives!) and on average go 14". I can tell you from my experience that 120 grots running at you is really very intimidating!

4. combining 2. and 3. above - you run across the table in turn 1. Your opponent thinks it's Xmas and charges into you - or at least tries to, because you release the fanatics and stop his charges. You get priority (Hmmmm?) then charge him on your turn using Gordraks command ability. You win. The end. :D

As always, try a couple of games with the list and see how it goes - then report back here!

I'm afraid you're actually 60pts over, because you haven't paid for the Great Moonclan formation cost. Easy oversight to make, and it's easily solved by dropping the number of Fanatics.

Alternatively, you could drop the Mangler Squig for a cheaper Squig option to make room for more Fanatics.

• 10 Squig Hoppers is 160, taking your total (with the above list) to 1980pts.
  • 10 Cave Squigs with 6 Squig Herders is 180, totalling 2000pts.

My advice, as a fellow fan of Squigs and all things Moonclan, would be to take the Mangler, but the Hoppers are also viable. Cave Squigs in my experience are just underwhelming, vulnerable to a stiff breeze and die in droves to Battleshock.

The secondary threat of the Mangler adds an element of redundancy to the army in terms of Behemoth threats. It gives some much-needed punch to the army for when Gordrakk inevitably gets focussed on and killed.

I would be tempted to drop the Fanatics to singles, where possible. Whilst they're a great offensive tool in the right numbers, I'd want to use them here in the same way I used them at FHGT, as a method for disrupting charges in the opponent's turn and protecting your blocks of Grots. You don't need to destroy your opponent's army if you've got 40 Grots on objectives, winning you the game. 

Use the Fanatics to "make space" and give you time, which will allow you to position your army in the best way to prepare for the inevitable WAAAGH from Gordrakk and the subsequent destruction of your foes beneath the grumpy feet of the cabbage and all his Moonclan friends.

Archived