Why that army?

18 hours ago, Boss Casman said:

@Big Kim Woof-Woof I hear you on the gorgeous models for the Hedonites - this one alone nearly sold me on a little army:

markup_580.png.220cadf7e905adfce097f48424f9a04a.png

Just fantastic! 😍

The whole Hedonites mortals range is just... chefs kiss. It just works so well for what Slaanesh is. I particularly like Myrmidesh, who Evie the old Juan Diaz champion of Slaanesh on foot mini do well: they give that feeling that they fight elegantly, making combat more of an artistic expression than a brutal competition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

The whole Hedonites mortals range is just... chefs kiss. It just works so well for what Slaanesh is. I particularly like Myrmidesh, who Evie the old Juan Diaz champion of Slaanesh on foot mini do well: they give that feeling that they fight elegantly, making combat more of an artistic expression than a brutal competition.

Yes! They really nailed that. And I love the Twinsouls too, with all their esoteric weapons. In fact, the Egopomp (with that classic 'villain hand' pose) might be my favourite model in the current range! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Yes! They really nailed that. And I love the Twinsouls too, with all their esoteric weapons. In fact, the Egopomp (with that classic 'villain hand' pose) might be my favourite model in the current range! 

Agreed. The only thing I don't like is the whip, not because it looks bad but because I hate overly fragile parts of minis.

Also great is that you can mix in parts of the Twinsouls to the Painbringers, perhaps to mark out a champion.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:20 AM, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

A question that always fascinates me.... why did you choose your army (or armies)? In the flesh, I often ask my fellow generals this, and often the answers are rather intriguing. 

Was it the background? The models? The way they play? Because they're more likely win you a game? Or.... ? 

Please do indulge me. 

For me it's Skaven and the reasons are kinda numerous. I started playing Warhammer originally through the video games, my favorites of which were Mordheim and Vermintide 1/2, which of course heavily focused on the Skaven. Eventually I started playing the Total War serious and fell in love with the play style of the Skaven armies (which I picked out of familiarity due to the other two games.)

Fast forward to the start of this year, my wife and I are walking into our LGS for the first time and there is a huge warhammer scene there (40k but shifting towards AoS) and they were extremely generous to us to help us get into the hobby as they were really craving new blood. Wife got an entire Seraphon (her personal favorite fantasy race)  for 300$ (about 5k points worth of collection.) and the head of the store gave me the Skaven Vanguard box on store credit, which I only have to pay back 10$ a month on, on top of which a guy I met at the store brings in his Skaven to supplement my army with so I can play 2k point games, so needless to say, jumped pretty head first into the hobby rather quickly, especially when the scary money barrier just gets kicked down by the kindness of others like that.

Now, as anyone who has played AoS Skaven can tell you, they have a TON of rules and it's hard to memorize, however, I feel in love basically instantly. Despite the old models I adore how they look, the play style is extremely fun and building them out as an army is so incredibly flexible you can do just about anything you can dream up. They feel good, play good and look good (imo.) So, that's why I play Skaven.

Also for anyone interested, specifically, it was the first time I charged a unit of 20 Plague monks, buffed with Rabid-rabid, Death Frenzy and hoarfrost to wound on 2s into an opposing Ogermaw player and absolute devoured his units both on my turn and his that I really began to love them. Glass cannon rats that blow you up and then blow up on the way out is just hilarious to me. Not to mention anything Skyrer is just *Chefs kiss* RNGperfection.

• Like 4