Rumour Engines Tracker

Hi! I've built this Rumour Engines tracker site inspired by WarbossKurgan and his awesome blog.

https://rumour-engines.netlify.app/

I am currently working on some feedback I've received, so feel free to drop any crazy idea you have in mind.

@HorticulusTGAback-to-top The placement of the back to top button is there now next to his brother. I also thought about this, but thought about leaving it next to the filters at the end:

image.png.39af80c47ec3dfac5228d7b3cf948c94.png

For the recap page, I am going to prepare a Grid view that is clickable only when the Unresolved ones are showing:

image.png.def953c1f737b9c28d6c63d78f801997.png

@DoctorPerils Sorry about those filters. I am a lazy ****** and I hide them in mobile to avoid styling them. I was hoping most of us would see them at hope on big screens, hehe. I am putting them back and making them pretty now. They are quite obvious to miss them 😅:

image.png.ae340f2b570d6a9f4e999572d6448de1.png

@Matrindur Those links should be opening from now on in a different tab.

Another idea. As I saw a couple of comments saying how long has been since the last unresolved I think I could follow the same approach to the solved ones and put how long we have been waiting for the unresolved. Do you like it?

All the mentioned changes above could not be up online immediately, but I hope to have them ready for tomorrow morning as last. Dinner time now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

@DoctorPerils Sorry about those filters. I am a lazy ****** and I hide them in mobile to avoid styling them. I was hoping most of us would see them at hope on big screens, hehe. I am putting them back and making them pretty now. They are quite obvious to miss them 😅:
image.png.ae340f2b570d6a9f4e999572d6448de1.png

They're still not appearing on my side, despite a hard refresh

Screenshot_20240103_213444_Firefox.jpg

On firefox, android, samsung

Edited by DoctorPerils

I've just added the new Cat to the list.

image.png.6d5a987e4a6d878664e004fce65aab7f.png

The only pending bit is the grid view, as I got fever from the 4th and now that I am feeling better I had to go back to work from my annual leave. So I will try to finish the grid view once I have some time.

I just finished the Grid view:

image.png.4710a17fed6c8ca4c3ffa417b5208521.png

This option is only available when the unresolved filter is clicked. Mobile is supported, but IMO it makes way more sense to use it on desktop, as the images would be quite small for mobile.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DoctorPerils said:

Hey there I don't know how much effort it would be, but could there be a filter for RE resolved during an event (or specific dates specifically)?

The dates one is kinda there. Not so specific as a calendar picker, but in terms of implementation it would be the easiest one. The filter to solve by event is harder. There's info from back to 2016, so getting that data would take a decent chunk of time.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've updated the site with part of an idea I got from here.

Now the published | resolved dates have two different links. The firs one points to the post where the RE were published and the second points (if the info is populated) to the post resolving it:

image.png.7d7f1d5b044b1504f71c0d9deb48fbac.png

For the moment I've just added the data on the three RE solved by the last Kroot post, I plan to slowly add some, but going too far back in time could be a nightmare. So my focus would be from now on adding it.

• Like 1

In the end, having the resolved dates made the data research task easier than I thought, so I populated all (I didn't find a minority of them. At least 95% of the entries are populated for sure) the entries with the link to their resolve post and if they were solved in an event, I got the event name as well.

All the links to the solving posts are already on the live site, and the event names are there waiting in case I want to prepare a filter for that. Is this something many of you would be interested in? I have to say there are fewer repeated events/ previews than I initially thought (mainly LVO, NOVA, Adepticon and Warhammer Fest), and more variety of previews than I could think.