Home Brew Slow Grow Path to Glory Rules

Vash1313

I've been wanting to start a campaign in my area with three main goals: (1) Introduce new players to AoS in an environment that allows them to slowly grow a force; (2) Keep player interest by allowing units and leaders to improve; (3) Introduce older WHFB players to the new points and matched play rules.

I'be attached the rules as a pdf. They are written to be flexible and provide options to the campaign organizer so he or she can tailor them to their players, timeframe, etc...

I won't go into why certain rules were made or why I ignored certain rules from paths to glory right, but I welcome any comments, questions, or criticisms.

Thanks!

Path to Glory-1.pdf

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking at ways to improve/balance Path to Glory to bring it back to the old Realm of Chaos spirit and provide a way for people to have small, fun games.  So anything about improving it is A-OK in my book.

I've started 3 war bands and have kind of ignored the tables. I went for 9-11 individuals at start, all heroes or similar, and will paint those bands for my first games. Then I'll add a groups of troops as they improve. That will let me slowly paint up the much larger armies I have for each faction.

• 3 months later...
On 10/2/2016 at 5:40 PM, Bostian said:

My group came up with some tables for armies not listed in the GH, but your provision to use points makes sense, especially for larger groups or with players new to the game. Great work, thanks for sharing!

Love to see those as well.

@Vash1313 Great stuff well done. Using points makes way more sense if you include all factions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived