Path to Glory Hero Upgrades

Hello,

I am intending to add more customization to our PtG Campaigns by adding more options for heroes. These options will be purchasable with Renown Points.

I‘ve got Idoneth, Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast, Soulblight, Slaves to Darkness and Seraphon covered.

Concerning Destruction, Chaos and everything that’s missing I will need input of you all.

If you have any ideas that also make sense in the lore, please write them down in the following format:

Faction, upgrade name, Effect: Crude Idea of it is supposed to do (no specifics)

examples:

Beastmen, Gift of the Gods, idea: Add a mutation that changes attacks/magic/resistances

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Hello,

I am intending to add more customization to our PtG Campaigns by adding more options for heroes. These options will be purchasable with Renown Points.

I‘ve got Idoneth, Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast, Soulblight, Slaves to Darkness and Seraphon covered.

Concerning Destruction, Chaos and everything that’s missing I will need input of you all.

If you have any ideas that also make sense in the lore, please write them down in the following format:

Faction, upgrade name, Effect: Crude Idea of it is supposed to do (no specifics)

examples:

Beastmen, Gift of the Gods, idea: Add a mutation that changes attacks/magic/resistances

Sounds awesome,

I’ll think of something for the skaven, if you want me to do so.

in addition I do have a question.

Are the rules going to become accessible by us, or is it possible to maybe get them when they are finished.

I do remember one of the campaigns you did and it was awesome 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Sounds awesome,

I’ll think of something for the skaven, if you want me to do so.

in addition I do have a question.

Are the rules going to become accessible by us, or is it possible to maybe get them when they are finished.

I do remember one of the campaigns you did and it was awesome 

yes I want you to! (Input for skaven) :D
I‘ll make a pdf which I‘ll share here :)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Colonic said:

I love this idea. Can you give us an indication of the sort of power level you are going for? Like a couple of examples of what you've already done.

Sure thing! The powerlevel is varying. There‘s supposed to be simple things, like adding mount, and there’s supposed to be a little special rules that increase a stat.

Examples 

(SBGL are easily done, since there’s a lot of material to draw ideas from)

SBGL, Nightmare Mount, Effect: For Vampire Lord (same stats and base size as the Blood Knight mount)

SBGL, Abyssal Terror Mount, Effect: For Vampire Lord (same stats and base size as Mannfred of Carstein‘s mount)

Idoneth Deepkin, Allopex Mount, Effect: Akhelian King, (same stats and base size as an Allopex. The King replaces one of the riders)

SBGL, Red Fury, Effect: Every successful wound roll immediately let’s you roll an additional dice to hit (these additional dice can‘t trigger bonus attacks again)

-This is powerful, yet it will be locked to a very renown Vampire and accessible only once. Ofc this will cost points to crudely reflect the power of the ability. 

SBGL, Kingdom of Thralls, Effect: Add two HUMAN units from the Cities if Sigmar Roster at minimum size to your order of battle. These units can’t be reinforced, must be infantry and they can’t be a hero. Both units count as coalition units for all rule purposes.

Cities of Sigmar, Lead by example, Marshal or Cavalier Marshal, Effect: The hero attaches to a unit with a size of 5 or more models. The unit acts as damage sponge and shares its deployment, movement, combat and shooting phase with the hero (they count as one unit). The unit dictates the movement speed, the hero dictates the bravery.

Beasts of Chaos, Gift of Speed, Effect: Beastlord only, Add the Centigors Keyword. The beastlord changes his movement to 14“,his wounds to 7 and uses the same Base Size as Centigors

Beasts of Chaos, Brass Bull, Effect: Doombull only, Add the Khorne Keyword. change the save characteristic to 3+. Reduce the rend of attacks targeting this unit by 1 to a minimum of 0. reduce the movement characteristic of this uni by 1“.

Skaven, Hidden Assassins, Effect: Once per Battle. At the End of the Combat phase, roll a die. On a 3-6 you can place 3 Gutter Runners anywhere on the Table , they’re allowed to be within 3“ of one enemy unit. The Gutter runners may not pile in but attack immediately. On a roll of 1-2 No-No-Treachery! place the gutter runners as close to the hero with this Ability as possible, the hero suffers D3 Mortal wounds and the Gutter runners must attack immediately (if possible all attacks must target the hero), you opponent will control the Gutter runners from now on. If the hero is slain by the gutter runners he counts as dead in the post battle sequence. Determine one random hero of yours that took part in the battle (if there was non randomly determine one from your order of battle) This hero is your new warlord since his assassination attempt succeeded, he receives all artefacts your previous warlord possessed (if possible), this Ability and 3D6 renown Points.

Point costs (Renown Points, Glory Points etc.)  as well as formulating restrictions (only for infantry heroes, requires a castle of level X etc.) and the exact text will be my job :)

I‘ll have two categories of Upgrades:

Mounts and Martial disciplines. Red Fury would be the latter for example. Martial Disciplines are abilities that enhance the heroes combat and or magic capabilities.

tldr: It’s main job is to add customizations, so you can make and advance a character that’s your own while not tuning the powerlevel too much (powerful abilities should either be restricted or have a drawback)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

I had a little time to write down some crude ideas. WIP: The terminology is currently off and inconsistent
Soulblight and CoS are pretty much done content-wise (click to tabs at the bottom to see the entries)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vvyu1EEhIutbWJM0paYd_XmLNNsuhJNJrt7z4WiG9fg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1