Eurlbad Battalion and Huskard melee weapons

Blackflag760

Question

In the Eurlbad Battalion under "Eating Hand" it says "Add 1 to the Damage characteristic of all melee weapons used by the Eurlbad Huskard". Does this include everything under "Melee Weapons" including his mount or just his punches and kicks? Other entries in the book specify not to include the mount such as Famed Hunter under the command traits but this one doesn't specify. I'm in a tournament this Saturday and don't know how I should play this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

11 answers to this question

I've been checking the FAQ also and haven't found anything directory addressing it either. For now it just seems to be open to interpretation I guess. It mentions all melee weapons used by the huskard in the description but it doesn't specifically state not to include the mount as it does in other places in the BCR battletome. I wish it would have just said punches and kicks instead of all melee weapons if that was the intent. 

@Blackflag760Agreed on the wording, it would have made it much more clear :). Though if the Huskard took the Beastclaw artifact Sword of Frost (or whatever it's called), then the wording makes a little more sense... maybe?

There really should have been some standardized way of interpreting Mounts in combat and how they are buffed by certain abilities. With that said, the Stonehorn would have been insanely devastating if that were the case... The Horns dealing 4 damage a wound, + mortals would be ludicrous.

I had a game tonight and talked this over with my opponent and he thought it should include the mount. It was funny because after the first turn I forgot about it and didn't use it. Game played fine without it so until a ruling is made I'm just going to default to it being punches and kicks. 

All, after a lot of thought on this one, I have come to the conclusion that since this is a battalion ability - paying a lot for these bonuses - AND there are specific instances in battalions bonuses and other modifiers where is says does not apply to the mounts if it has one - that this applies to all melee attacks on the warscrolls profile.

Further, the wording is peculiar by saying add 1 to the damage characteristics of "all" the huskard's melee attacks.  The interesting thing here is that there is no reason to add the word "all" given one can't disassociate between a punch and a kick on the huskard's punches and kicks line.  Therefore there is no reason to say "all" if the only attacks meant were the huskard's punches and kicks, this would have already been the case if they had said add 1 to the huskard's melee attacks.

Given this I am thinking RAI were to add to all the melee attacks on the profile.  This is a huskard who is pushing everything to become a frostlord and be recognized over his jorlbad superior, I would expect he would frenzy his stonehorn more as well.

Archived