Grand Alliance Death - A Rant

MechaBriZilla

I'm exciting for new things, I really am, but I also want the previous things to get completed. It makes no sense to me to start building a skyscrapper and stop halfway to work on making a brand new one all at once, and then coming back and doing the half built one piece of piece over a few years. 

2 hours ago, Bowlzee said:

I have a feeling they will get rid of the current Death Factions. They just don't match the current trend in AoS. A skeleton doesn't fight for any single faction (Death Rattle), it all depends on who raised them. Right now, with no new factions it's something easy to help get some synergies for Death.

What I expect to see is a Battletome for each Mortarch. Outlining either the alliances they have gained (fellow vampires or a summoned Wight King) and the units they summon etc.  GW can then give these units different flavour depending on who summons them, or from the region they are summoned (Neferata summoning from cities around Nulahmia).

This will breed fresh life (pun intended) into the Death Alliance without having to bring out lots of new units.

I actually quite like this idea. 

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

I actually quite like this idea. 

You know, come to think of it, that would explain the weirdness of the Start Collecting! Skeleton Horde box. Akrhan is the Deathrattle Mortarch, so he has the Deathrattle box. The Flesh Eaters are notably independent and the Carrion King is missing, so they get a box - and a book - without a Mortarch, but they're the only one.

And Malignants don't have a Mortarch... yet. But they will, when they get their book and big release, Sylvaneth-style!

Archived