Pitced Battle "Three Places of Power"

Thostos

Played this one for the first time a few days back,it was fun and all but am wondering if the capture mechanic wasnt described completely based on the the final sentence in the description paragraph "The Places of Power".

That sentence states "If a Hero slays an enemy Hero controlling a place of pwer,then they immediatly gain control of the place of power if they are within 3" of it"

Im not sure why they had to point this out as if I had both a Hero in the control radius and a non Hero killed off the oponents Hero that was controlling the place of power,,my Hero would still control it at the end of my turn regardless of wether he did the killing or not.

I know its very clear really but could it be that the intent of that final sentence was to state that if a Hero killed another Hero that was controlling an objective,then the new Hero would gain all of the accumulated "Power" that the other Hero had achieved thus far..as in if the dead Hero had been in control for 3 turns then the new hero would gain 3 vps at the end of their next turn?.

It is written like that as you normal only control the objective at the end of a move but you score at the end of your turn. . 

So this means if you charge an enemy hero in control of an objective in your turn and then kill him you get to claim the point for that turn.

If it wasn't written that way you would have to wait until you next moved to control the objective and would miss out on points. 

Also something to bear in mind with this scenario is that a pile in counts as a move. So you could charge both a hero and a unit at an enemy hero controlling the objective, kill it with your unit and then pile in your hero to capture the objective. Could be important. 

5 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

It is written like that as you normal only control the objective at the end of a move but you score at the end of your turn. . 

So this means if you charge an enemy hero in control of an objective in your turn and then kill him you get to claim the point for that turn.

If it wasn't written that way you would have to wait until you next moved to control the objective and would miss out on points. 

Also something to bear in mind with this scenario is that a pile in counts as a move. So you could charge both a hero and a unit at an enemy hero controlling the objective, kill it with your unit and then pile in your hero to capture the objective. Could be important. 

OK,,that makes more sense,thnx:)

Archived