1000 points Khorne/Slaves

Bjornas

Hey, long-time GW hobbyist who is looking to get back in with the General's Handbook being out. I haven't played a single game of AoS yet so this list is mainly based on models I have and/or that seem good. I understand there is a lot of emphasis on synergy in AoS, which I haven't really grasped yet and would love some feedback on. Anyway here's the list:

10 Chaos warriors - 180

10 Blood warriors - 200

3 Bloodcrushers with "axes" - 160

5 Knights with "lances" - 200

1 Slaughterpriest w/ Hackblade + “ball and chain” 100

1 Khorne Lord on Juggernaut (General) - 140

980 points. 

I'm not really sure about the Jugger Lord, partly because I don't have the model and dread getting another Finecast project or search Ebay for a metal one. His ability can reach most of the table though. If anyone has a better idea for a general I would love to hear it - maybe the Aspiring Deathbringer?

I'm also not sure if I want the army to be more infantry or cavalry-based in the long run since now it's a bit of both. Khorne seems pretty infantry-based.

Would love some feedback on the army and how it would play.

Regards,

Björn

I've been impressed with my Juggerlord and, if you can get hold of a metal one on the cheap like I did, I would reccomend him. There are plenty of leader options that I haven't tried but his command ability has done some serious work for me when applied to Wrathmongers/Skull Reapers/Bloodwarriors.

2 hours ago, ADDriot said:

I've been impressed with my Juggerlord and, if you can get hold of a metal one on the cheap like I did, I would reccomend him. There are plenty of leader options that I haven't tried but his command ability has done some serious work for me when applied to Wrathmongers/Skull Reapers/Bloodwarriors.

Interesting, good to hear. The 24" range makes it seem especially useful.

2 hours ago, BloodBeast said:

I have a metal jugger lord but will probably convert in plastic. 

Are you running the vanilla Chaos Warriors because you already have the models? Id definitely lean more towards the Blood Warriors for punch.

I've been considering converting him too, it's just the hassle of getting hold of one single plastic jugger nowadays.

And yeah, it's because I already have the warriors. I'm equipping them with shields, assuming they can take some kind of defensive role in the army. The Blood warriors will have 2x axes. 

/Björn

2 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

And yeah, it's because I already have the warriors. I'm equipping them with shields, assuming they can take some kind of defensive role in the army. The Blood warriors will have 2x axes. 

If your Blood Warriors have two axes aready, why not give the Chaos Warrior models your spare gorefists and convert up a goreglaive for the champion so you can call them Blood Warriors? :) 

On 2016-09-19 at 6:20 PM, Double Misfire said:

If your Blood Warriors have two axes aready, why not give the Chaos Warrior models your spare gorefists and convert up a goreglaive for the champion so you can call them Blood Warriors? :) 

I see what you mean about the rules making them better, but I'm quite into the modelling aspects, and it would look outright silly :P

On 2016-09-19 at 6:49 PM, BloodBeast said:

The arms on the blood warriors are about as thick as an old chaos warrior head. Might not work so well.

Yea.

On 2016-09-19 at 7:15 PM, Warchief Varard said:

Do you already own the knights if not maybe switch them out for more juggernauts if want cavalry or more bloodwarriors/bloodsecrator?

Interested in what in your list your happy to cut and what units you like the look of etc

Well I have all the troops already plus the slaughterpriest,  it's really just a character to use as general that I'm lacking. If I understood the game correctly he should syncronize with as much of the army as possible?

Thanks for the input!

Archived