Rampant Speculation: Completed Deathrattle

ElectricPaladin

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

What if they took everything from Tomb Kings with the Deathrattle keyword and just gave it thematically appropriate models? Maybe minus Necro Knights.

I'd really like a skeletal war elephant with a giant crossbow or catapult to take the Warsphinx slot.

That would be fine.  Though, I might like to see thematic rule changes as well...  But yeah, I'd go for that.  New things to paint, right?

I'd like to see some deathrattle behemoths, whether it be dragons, mammoths, or whatever just something big and cool. I'd also like to see ranged come back, horse archers and normal archers. Also a wizard or at the very least some way to unbind.

For people looking for alternative models that don't have the TK look check out these guys, they're relatively cheap and have a huge range but all the models are metal.

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Skelet&osCsid=u6n2letcv6tatbn763n6f7cf00&categories_id=&ptype=&extra_value_id18=&extra_value_id19=&extra_value_id21=&extra_value_id30=&extra_value_id31=&extra_value_id32=&extra_value_id33=&extra_value_id34=&extra_value_id35=

Soulblight player here, but, I also do love my Skeletons! I'm collecting them up so I can slam them on the table and declare Skeleton War on someone. Regardless, from the death factions this is what I'd like to see.

Deathrattle needs some sort of horrible, large, and dangerously shambling bone monster. Just a bunch of skulls and bones all stuck together, like a mass grave, and it's trudging along and as it loses wounds it can have the skeletons fall off and spawn or replenish skeletons around it.  I'd also settle for them using bones of Ogors and having some big-boned baddies to trudge with. 

Deathwalkers need...well...everything. Zombies need some flesh golems or just a mass of bodies all rotting together and moving like some truly horrid glob of flesh eating mindless monsters. I'd also settle for zombie Dracoths and some ranged unit which just throws or launches some disease'd heads or something flavorful. For leaders, they need like...a zombie priest or mage, some creepy grave-robbing wizard, maybe even a fleshcrafter. 

Nighthaunt needs some infantry in the form of willow wisps, trash mobs that inflict wounds on death to things, some sort of giant ghost monster, and then I think some more actual hero's in the form of like a lich or a malaveolent spirit host. Something. It's a cool faction. 

DeathLords - ...Why is this even it's own faction? It just has named characters. That's it. Really could just be dissolved and handed out to other factions. Expansion could be in the form of some sort of undead, but, each other faction has it. 

Soul-Blight - We need things other than bats. For real. We could USE some thralls or cultists or something, more bats that are infantry, I don't know, but, Bloodknights are our battle line and they are points heavy and dollar heavy. I'd like some support vampires that could heal our elite units like Isabella used to do and I'd murder a Stormcast infant to get some vampire infantry. Hero wise, I think we are solid, but, we also need some large monster. I'm sad they gave the Vargulf to Flesh eaters since it's essentially a flightless bat. 

That's just my take on it, not right or wrong, just my thoughts. 

Ranged defiantly needs some suport.

A duel kit, like Judicators only 10 models, with crossbow, arrow and bow optional builds would be great.

A giant bone golem would be awesome! Just a bunch of random bones barely held together by magic.

I think grave guard are due for an upgrade as well. They're great models and all but being that theyre an elite unit they could use a make over so as not so static.

Yeah, I think we have tons of units that inflict mortal wounds when they die, but, why not one that spawns a unit or restores other units around it? The whole idea of the Deathrattle is, well, Skeletons are coming. They are oddly more effective then zombies because of magic and so if you don't destroy them right they can just necromagic back up and keep on trucking. I say everytime it is inflicted a wound d6 skeletons are restored to a unit or units.  When it dies, add a new unit of skeletons or restore ten skeletons to a unit, something like that. 

The zombie one I mentioned is basically a big blob of zombies that essentially are like a mob but sort of like...a Rat-king, not a king of rats, the thing they call when a bunch of rats get stuck together and run around like a terrifying bundle of pissed off demon vermin.  Not sure if that fits, and if not, that's fine, that's okay, let's get some larger zombies is all. 

The other thing that occurs to me is that with Deathrattle we might see the most "professional army" and "combined arms" style force in the Alliance. We've already got pretty rational, "normal" infantry and cavalry, as well as leaders who either run around on foot or ride on things that are very much like horses. No giant monsters or other weird stuff here! So perhaps what we'll see is skeleton archers getting new models and folded into Deathrattle plus the addition of some more normal army stuff, like siege engines or war machines, basically normal-looking, but death-themed.

16 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

The other thing that occurs to me is that with Deathrattle we might see the most "professional army" and "combined arms" style force in the Alliance. We've already got pretty rational, "normal" infantry and cavalry, as well as leaders who either run around on foot or ride on things that are very much like horses. No giant monsters or other weird stuff here! So perhaps what we'll see is skeleton archers getting new models and folded into Deathrattle plus the addition of some more normal army stuff, like siege engines or war machines, basically normal-looking, but death-themed.

I'd like this.  Not sure it would happen though.  Mostly because AoS seems much more high fantasy to me than WHFB was.  And that is saying something.

Still.  I like it in concept.  Also, it happens to fit with what I want, a multitude of grave cold, silent soldiers, silently encroaching upon their enemies, filling their foes with fear.

Archived