beast claw rider help

bolzo

hi!

im new :)!

i have started age of sigmar in april and i have this models: 3 tundertusks/stonehotn (magnetised), 18 ogors, 6 leadbelchers, 1 tyrant, 2 hunter and 6 kitten, 3yethee and 4mourfang pack. If i play only beast claw rider often i lost against ranged army. Someone can help me :) ?

thank you and sorry for my english 

Hi. I've just deleted some of your other topics as they were Duplicates of this one. ;)

I think first question is, are you using the matched play rules from the Generals Handbook or doing something else, as I think most of the advice will be around Matched Play.  Also what sort of armies are you facing?

3 hours ago, bolzo said:

hi!

im new :)!

Hi!

Welcome to the best sub forum on TGA!

3 hours ago, bolzo said:

If i play only beast claw rider often i lost against ranged army.

Are you intent on playing pure Beastclaw Raiders? Or are you happy to use a mixed Destruction force (allowing you to use some of those Gutbuster Ogors you have)?

Thank you guys for the reply :)! ( Gaz sorry for duplicates :$!)

yes i have build some army with the point system of general hand book! we play at 1000/1500 point! i can't beat storm cast with two heros archers and some mage and celestial prime! also skaven and demons is hard to face..

ps. i have converted all ogre to orks (head of 40k model) and painted green so mixed army are welcome :D (i will post a pics of my army soon ^_^)

Now my army is a mix of beast claw riders whit ogors. usually i play 2 huskard on thundertusks and frost lord on stone horn and 3x3 ogors at 1500 point. I think beast claw is overrated or is my fault and i can t play my army well.

i think i missing something o.O

Hello. I am also new. I was putting off starting this game for fear that my wife would divorce me if I started another new miniature war game.  But then I saw ogres on mammoths. Need I say more. 

I have only played with the Icewind Assault 5 or 6 times and I have never had a difficult time with shooty armies. What you lack in shooting you more than make up for in mobility.  

To that end if you were to change one huskard on Thundertusk to stonehorn and replace your Ogres with Mourning packs you could take the Jorlbad batallion scroll. This allows you to run and charge in same turn for only 20 pts

Also you have deployment advantage. Beastclaws will usually end deployment first due to low model counts. This means you can give you opponent first turn. Most opponent will not waste an entire turn remaining static. If they do not move most weapons will be out of range. If they move they are closer to you. With the run and charge ability you can then almost ensure that you get a first turn charge especially with the frost lords command ability allowing you to re roll. 

Then if you are lucky and win the turn roll you can get a nice double turn to smash his face before taking any real damage. 

Objectives are also very important and can help you win games. If your opponent is terrified of the ogres and concentrates fire on them, it allows small cheap units like frosts sabres to sneak around the battlefield capturing points. 

The last thing I have learned is to keep the stonehorn together. They are shock troops that devastate units on the charge however are easily tar pitted. Keeping them together offers a better chance of annihilating your opponent to free up the stonehorn to charge again in the next turn. 

Hope this helps and keep us posted on your progress

Archived