Gore-Gruntas conversion ideas needed!

Gitzdee

Does anyone own both Thunderwolf Cavalry and Gore-Gruntas for a size comparison? I might want to try and put some orruks/brutes on wolves but i dont know if it looks halfway decent as i dont own any Gore-Gruntas. Has anyone tried this before? Any ideas are really welcome, i want these to look awesome ^^. 

What models could i use for the riders? I have the 3 morgoks krusha models that i could use.

Wow Action Figure DC Unlimited Series 7 10 inch Orc Warrior Riding Wolf WOW  PVC Model Speelgoed|model construction toys|toy dogtoy ship models -  AliExpressArtStation - Orc Rider

Something like this would be the dream. 

Edited by Iksdee

Thunderwolves are definitely slimmer/sleeker in profile than GoreGruntas.  If you want the wolfy animal style I might recommend going with Mournfang bodies (need to do claws instead of their blunt toenails) and then Thunderwolf heads but perhaps moving the lower jaw lower and greenstuffing in meatier jowls for biting power.  I like the old tiny goblin wolf tails for their tails, because it makes the bodies look bigger.

I'll post a picture or two of my massive good-guy werewolf Fulminators tonight, those used to be my Thunderwolf Lords, but I stopped playing 40k so they needed to be something.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Here they are, Rocco and Vinny.  I added Manticore arms but that's cuz they're werewolves.   For goregruntas I think some big Orruks on their backs with proper wolf heads instead of poorly sculpted dog heads and they'd ROCK!

IMG_20220323_214421.jpg

IMG_20220323_214435.jpg

Those are awesome. Thanks for the info too.

• Subscriber

The size actually isn't far off between thunderwolves and gore-gruntas (I'll see if I can dig some out for a comparision when I'm home).

One thing that stopped me from doing the same kitbash is that the Orruk legs are molded on the Goregruntas, making it tricky to just swapping the riders. 

If you've got more skills with greenstuff, etc it could work and I'd certainly look forward to seeing anybody who can manage it. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:24 AM, Iksdee said:

Also found these on here somewhere. Might have to borrow this idea too.

IMG_20200321_081353.jpg

Wow, those are so cool they look cold!  Makes me want to rebase all my boyz.  But they're more alpine springtime than deep ice-cave, so I will control myself and just use plenty of little flowers, grass, and snow piles.

Those are the regular Fenrisian Wolves, and actually not bad at all for Savage Orruks.  Not sure they could carry the armor of an Ironjaw.  But yeah, maybe the Thunderwolves could do it.  Less conversion work then too.

I'd recommend getting Brutes if you go that route, and just use a jeweler's saw with skip-a-tooth blades and/or a hobby knife to make their legs fit the mounts.  Brutes have the same weapons don't they?