Chaos Warhounds Strategy?

Unholy_Crumpet

So I just bought a box of Chaos Warhounds, because they look really neat.  Looking at their rules however, they have a very poor saving throw (I wouldn't expect more from a simple dog of course!) so I'm wondering how I can most effectively use their speed and attacks without immediately getting them killed.  Should I pack them behind a tank unit and unleash them at the right moment, or send them off to take board markers?  Maybe join them up with some WoC chariots?  

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

You send them to die.

I agree with this.  Chaos warhounds are a unit that you take not to do the most damage but to try and reduce the most damage to something else or slowdown something else.  My advice with them would be to walk them right up to a nice big threat and stand them 4 inches away, you get them in units of 10 so you can use their good movement to fan out around the target.  Come their turn your opponent can either spend the units movement walk all the way around your warhounds or waste some kind of movement gimmick, or they have to charge in and wipe out your cheap unit, meaning that big threat has not been able to bring the hurt to something that will matter.  Warhouds are there to die, you just have to make sure they die in the most useful way.

Archived