Tomb kings in the mortal realms

adreal

So, I've recently decided to go ham and make a tomb kings army.

This will be mainly a counts as bone reapers army, but for things I can't transfer over well enough, well I'm going to just put them on round bases and try and use the old tomb king rules with deathless legions.

Anyways here is my ideas and some models.

Kakatros will be settra, yes, im shamelessly ripping off someone else's idea.

Arch-kavalos will be tomb king in exalted chariot

Arkhan the Black will be a tomb king on a Royal warsphinx

Liege kavalos will be a tomb king in royal chariot

Boneshaper will be a liche priest

Soulmason will be a necrotech

Soulreaper will be a tomb queen 

Mortek guard will be skeleton warriors, led by a tomb prince and tomb guard with halberds will be the great weapon guys

Kavalos deathriders will be skeleton horsemen with a tomb prince on horse

Mortek crawler will be an upsized screaming skull catapult

Gothizzar harvester will be a necrosphinx

Immortis guard will be ushabti

Morghast archai will be sepulchral stalkers

Morghast harbingers will be necropolis knights

Those are my ideas anyways, and now, the pictures20211006_175528.jpg.06f0f01e7ebd45e036a3e7ae8dec5dc6.jpg

20211006_170558.jpg

20211010_192308.jpg

20211012_221520.jpg

20211015_093339.jpg

20211016_140313.jpg

20211016_200117.jpg

20211017_070931.jpg

• Like 5

Looking foreward to seeing how your army will turn out. :)

I think it might help if you do a few easy things to take better photos, though. After putting a lot of work into converting and painting an army, it definitely deserves nice pictures!

• Take a picture from further away and then crop it. That helps getting your miniature in to focus properly. Modern phone cameras have high enough resolutions that you won't end up with tiny ant-sized pictures, anyway.
  • Make sure you have natural light and a background for best results. In practice, that just means moving next to a window and holding up a piece of paper in the background.
  • After taking your picture, run it through automatic colour correction. You probably already have a program that can do this (as well as crop pictures) on your phone. Additionally increasing the "pop" slider makes your models even more readable by increasing the contrast between separate parts of the model.
  • Like 2

So, done some work

20211027_204247.jpg.add92a816c9e3586ace61754ca490bbb.jpg

Will probably not batch paint the whole lot, but I'll keep plugging along and show some updates here and there.

When my tomb guard arrive I'll add a couple to this unit, and to the other unit that needs weapon swaps, but I think after this twenty I'll have a crack at the Necrosphinx