Blades of khorne/slaves to darkness

Duncan

Hey guys, I am a total noob when it comes to playing aos and usually just concentrate on the painting but have recently started to get into it more. My question is how viable is it to add slaves units into my existing blades of khorne army? What is good what is bad and what synergies best. Thanks! 

The good news is all slaves units which can take a mark of Khorne can be added to you blades of Khorne army. So long as they have the Khorne Mark they count as coalition and 2 in every 4 units in your blades army can be slaves units w Khorne Mark. Just to note they can not be your general 

Units which are decent in Khorne are Archaon, daemon prince,  lord on krakadrak, lord on manticore, marauders, warriors and knights. Other are also viable but these probably add some of the most obvious synergies and fill holes in the army. 

Archaon is a real killer and synergises well with the buffs

daemon prince has a great command ability which really favours a melee army

Karkafdrak lord is a beat stick and tank and synergises well, even more so if you bring knights

manticore lord can be a real blender on the charge w certain artefact combinations

Marauders are a decent unit that can do a lot of damage and do a vile charge

knigyts add speed and rend so make an laternative to eg skull reapers

warriors make a very good anvil for us

• Like 1

Interesting to know! I am also a khorne mortal follower, and am looking with interest at the Slaves as potential reinforcements. It seems that, even as the Khorne Bloodbound tend to buff most Khorne mortal units, the Slaves tend to buff only themselves, so it can be a bit of a downer if you only take a unit or two.

I would like to add to the list of useful models the infamous warshrine. Even if its prayers cannot help bloodreavers and the likes, the generic ones from the book can be picked, and it can be used to summon endless spells. As it is a Totem, it buffs bloodreavers without taking a Hero slot.

It works, I particularly like knights, shrine and daemon prince.  

but…

Slaves units tend to only buff slaves as they use “S2D” keyword, but Khorne buffs tend to use “Khorne” (plus mortal or daemon).  So chaos lord doesn’t buff bloodbound but bloodsecrator buffs S2D.  Also, S2D tend to buff a unit then send it off to fight (like knights charging into enemy) whereas BoK buffs tend to be all units with a small radius of a hero - several infantry units staying together like a castle.  

So, other than daemon prince who works fine on their own, if you’re going to add slaves you might end up having to add 2-3 units to get the right buffs to stack and the units to work properly.