Stormcast: Cycle of the storm and Blaze of Glory

Azamar

Question

I realise there won’t be an official answer until the new stormcast book arrives and written with blaze of glory in mind, but in the meantime: 

Is there a consensus on how these two abilities (from dominion, and the lord arcanum’s warscroll interact? They both activate when a model is slain, however scions is “instead of” removing the model and blaze is “before” removing the model. Is it possible to use Both abilities to activate blaze of glory and keep the model on the table? Or does this mean only one can be used (as if you activate blaze of glory first, it would have to end with removal of the model)

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I would probably lean towards no Blaze Of Glory, because Cycle heals them instead of slain.

the implications of it working the other way: Stardrake is slain and rolls 16 dice for Blaze, Cycle then heals a wound, Stardrake dies again and triggers another 16 dice for Blaze Of Glory - 99% sure that isn’t the intention 

it's very difficult to argue that Cycle of the Storms "heals instead of slain" when it specifically activates "when a friendly stormcast model IS slain" (the heal being instead of REMOVING which triggers afterwards)

As for intent, I don't see much of a problem in a combination of min 710 points doing 5MW when losing a 450pts investment.

Edit: that being said, blaze of glory is just a placeholder rule at the moment (doubtful it's even legal in matched play) so it's bound to have a lot of grey areas.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

I would probably lean towards no Blaze Of Glory, because Cycle heals them instead of slain.

the implications of it working the other way: Stardrake is slain and rolls 16 dice for Blaze, Cycle then heals a wound, Stardrake dies again and triggers another 16 dice for Blaze Of Glory - 99% sure that isn’t the intention