The new iconography

Lior'Lec

Ok so the new Stormcast look awesome and the new Sigmar shield icon/pad is an excellent design but what I’m trying to decide is how they’ll go with my Oldcast’s Hammers of Sigmar icons. As cool as the new design is I really liked the unified look of a single Stormhost icon on all units (which is why I gave up replacing all my units with the Knight Excelsior icons, I couldn’t buy enough packs to complete my army). 
     I’ve spent the past several hours looking online for decent hard transfers to give every unit in my army the same design but ultimately it was a wasted effort. I cannot find any hard transfers for Stormcast let alone with all the designs/styles/sizes I would need. How is everyone else planning on doing this? Just using older/new shields and pads on the inverse model to make them match? Just leaving the icons and changing the paint scheme to make them a different host? Some other creative solution? I’m looking for ideas here as my current train of thought is to just get some silicone and make some resin recasts of the Knights Excelsior set (I think I have three or four packs left unopened) then make a pressmold of the icon to add to the Newcast shields.

• Like 1

I just keep my coulour scheme. It still fits nicely together.

But Yeah I miss the old hammer Design on the shoulder pad. The sigmar face Looks cool on the shield but on the shoulder it Just Looks like an egg. At least on tabletop distance. The old one Was better imo.

• Like 1

Maybe just stick to the Thunderstrike Elites and have only one or so Vindictor units that can have shield swaps to the classic look?

A Redditor for example did a great job making the Praetors match his regular army.

jmoa1hmjusc71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

94y83vvjusc71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Covering up the God-king medals should be easy enough.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, Dukeus said:

I just keep my coulour scheme. It still fits nicely together.

But Yeah I miss the old hammer Design on the shoulder pad. The sigmar face Looks cool on the shield but on the shoulder it Just Looks like an egg. At least on tabletop distance. The old one Was better imo.

Completely agree.

I'm partway through my first unit of Vindictors, and with the best will in the world, the right shoulder icon is just a blob!