Making sure I'm legal

Fireymonkeyboy

Question

Hi,

We have a 1500 point local tournament coming up, using the GH matched play, and allowing an extra character and behemoth over the "normal" 1000 point limits.  I want to make sure I understand how the rules for Battalions and allegiances work, so that my list is legal.

The plan is to run a Bloodmarked Warband "plus".  I've got a Khorne Lord on a juggernaught, 4 mortal Khorne heroes, and 4 mortal Khorne units, plus a Khorgorath.

Now, if I understand the GH rules correctly, my force as a whole belongs to the Chaos grand alliance. Because the heroes, and MK units are incorporated in the battalion warscroll, they have the "Everchosen" allegiance (because it's the keyword under the Battalion Warscroll title). The Khorgorath doesn't belong to the battalion, so doesn't have Everchosen, and so defaults to Chaos allegiance.

Now, my questions.

1.  Because I've taken the Battalion, I don't benefit from the abilities associated with the Chaos allegiance for the units taken within the battalion, correct?

2. Because the Khorgorath isn't part of the batallion, it does benefit from Chaos allegiance abilities, correct?

3. Since my units of Bloodreavers and Bloodwarriors now have "everchosen" do they still count as battleline units (they are listed as such under "Bloodbound" in the GH)?  If not, what count as battleline for the "Everchosen" allegiance?

4.  Does "Everchosen" have allegiance abilities, or is the idea that the latter are a default alternative to warscroll battalion abilities?

Thanks,

FMB

3 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

1.  Because I've taken the Battalion, I don't benefit from the abilities associated with the Chaos allegiance for the units taken within the battalion, correct?

Battalion abilities do not replace allegiance abilities, they're different. So units in the batallions still benefit from chaos alliegiance abilities so long as they are chaos units.

44 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

2. Because the Khorgorath isn't part of the batallion, it does benefit from Chaos allegiance abilities, correct?

It benefits whether or not it is in the batallion.

45 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

3. Since my units of Bloodreavers and Bloodwarriors now have "everchosen" do they still count as battleline units (they are listed as such under "Bloodbound" in the GH)?  If not, what count as battleline for the "Everchosen" allegiance?

I don't know off the top of my head what the situation with these particular units is, but units are either battleline all the time, or battleline only if every unit in your army has the right keyword. Units in batallions do not themselves take on the keyword of the batallion, even though the batallion as a whole does.

45 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

4.  Does "Everchosen" have allegiance abilities, or is the idea that the latter are a default alternative to warscroll battalion abilities?

I'm not 100% sure but I think everchosen is one of the pre-general's handbook battletomes that does not have allegiance abilities.

I don't play chaos, so sorry if I've got some of the details wrong but that should be how it works based on my understanding.

On 04/09/2016 at 2:26 PM, Fireymonkeyboy said:

This has been clarified in the FAQs (which I didn't know until it was pointed out in another question!).  You can basically choose the allegiance abilities that suit you the best, however this doesn't apply to artefacts so if you go for Everchosen you're not allowed any artefacts.

AllegianceTrait.JPG

Yes, your allegiance abilities/traits applies to the entire army.

They would do, however you couldn't count any Mighty Skullcrushers as Battleline as you are not running a "Mortal Khorne" allegiance army.  Nothing will remove pitched battle keywords, so you could equally include a unit of Bloodletters for battleline if you wished.

No Chaos army has factional allegiance abilities at the current time, we've only the Grand Alliance ones.

Archived