Niche or Inspirational Vampire Content Compilation (NIVCC)

Aren73

Hey all!

Starting this thread for all the cool, unconventional, niche, inspirational and underrated vampire content out there. 

Art, music, movies, shows, games, models and all other forms of inspiration are welcome and encouraged! 
Extra points if you can show something that hardly anyone has seen before!

I'll start, here is a track by Jelonek - I love the idea of this vampire inhabiting a village in the middle of nowhere, perhaps owning a manor, being the lord of the surrounding lands with the villagers none the wiser. One day he is killed, perhaps through dispute with another vampire, his body laid in his coffin. The scene playing of the villagers walking his coffin to its final resting place all the while not aware of the greater things at play and the being inside. 

It also helps that IMO, this track absolutely smacks.  

Why did I start this? There is so much vampire content out there, but most people only interact with perhaps 2-5% of it. I'm sure there's lots of amazing things out there that are just never seen unless you're part of a very specific group of people, I can think of at least a few things like that. Let's share what we know and learn from what we don't! 
Every and any ounce of inspiration is great for our hobby, perhaps something seen here will inform your next project or paint scheme? 

Based on the discussions here recently, I think we can all agree that fans of Soulblight Gravelords are perhaps some of the most enthusiastic, invested and vocal ones out there. Let's use that to make amazing armies, projects, lore and paint schemes!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Charleston said:

I have to seal my wallet away before listening that song because it always makes me almost jumpstart an classic undead army

Amazing! I've played the game but I wasn't aware of the orchestral arrangement! It's so good, makes me want to play HMM3 again so bad :)

A huge inspiration for me and in fact the main artistic direction for my army is Zdizlaw Beksinski, a Polish surrealist artist. I really like the idea of painting an army that is highly detailed and skillful but doesn't necessarily try to chase realism - instead is this form of nightmare which I think is very fitting for our army. Here's one of his pieces:
Zdzisław Beksiński

Source: https://beinart.org/blogs/articles/zdzislaw-beksinski-from-the-inside-documentary

Edited by Aren73

+++ MOD HAT +++

Just a general reminder folks, please always ensure you credit the author and provide appropriate links when including artwork.  If a piece is copyrighted or has watermarks all over it, please just post a link rather than the image!