tzeentch Flamers

kaintxu

I'd suggest going with exalted flamers instead.  They're a bit cheaper at 120pts, have twice the wounds of a normal flamer and twice the attacks with their warpflame.  Their summoning spell casting value is the same of normal flamers at 6.  I will admit that flamers are cheaper per model, but I think the tradeoff is worth it for those advantages.

4 minutes ago, M'ygnal_Wyrm_Blessed said:

I'd suggest going with exalted flamers instead.  They're a bit cheaper at 120pts, have twice the wounds of a normal flamer and twice the attacks with their warpflame.  Their summoning spell casting value is the same of normal flamers at 6.  I will admit that flamers are cheaper per model, but I think the tradeoff is worth it for those advantages.

And they can be summoned and thus don't take up valuable space in your allowance of leader choices. B|

I really like my flamers.  They are great against chaff and heroes without a good save.

However, I'd keep them in a summoning pool so you can choose between them and any other daemons.  If you come across high armoured units I wouldn't recommend using flamers.

53 minutes ago, Changer said:

I really like my flamers.  They are great against chaff and heroes without a good save.

However, I'd keep them in a summoning pool so you can choose between them and any other daemons.  If you come across high armoured units I wouldn't recommend using flamers.

Can't do that. You need to state who you're going to summon in the list, before the battle.

No you definitely do not need to specify what's in the pool! All you need to do is specify X reinforcement points - whatever abilities you use them for is up to you. You're thinking SCGT pack.

It's now the only reason to summon anything other than Flamers, Lord of Change, Bastiladons and Archai - that you gain versatility.

You don't need to apologise. It's quite easy to assume longstanding ideas from comp packs have carried over into the GH. ?

Hopefully people will subconsciously carry over the idea of not rerolling the initiative roll at The Warlords.

I can see why they are great for summoning, the problem is the rest of the army does not have sorcerer hahahaha, so was thinking on starting them by foot.

So the summoning pool you just leave aside and you can summon anything required as long as it falls into those points? That seems really useful. Could we maybe open a topic on those type of tatics?

• 1 month later...

They are unholy filth and have been the bane of my existence since my first game of Age of Sigmar. Keep them in your summons allowance to ensure they don't get shot off on turn one and then deploy them exactly 17" away from your your opponent's most vital units.

Yeah, what he said.^^^^

Archived