Digital battletomes/books

Hi! 

1. I have been wondering about getting a digital edition of battletomes (to save space when I travel to play some games). 

Ive read that the enhanced edition on iPad gets updated with FAQs and such, but I wonder, does the same happen to Epub editions from black library?

I have a surface pro that I use as my tablet, but it feels like a waste to buy the digital edition if it doesn't get updated (especially when you own the paper edition). 

Sadly, AOS doesn't seem to keep a digital code like the new 40k tomes.

2. Owners of digital editions in the AOS app

- does the pages load as slow as the free rulebook in the app?

- does it get updated when FAQ comes?

- Do you get the new edition of the battletome? (like old Lumineth and new Lumineth next week?)

Thankful for your input!

17 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

2. Owners of digital editions in the AOS app

- does the pages load as slow as the free rulebook in the app?

- does it get updated when FAQ comes?

- Do you get the new edition of the battletome? (like old Lumineth and new Lumineth next week?)

- Haven't done a comparison with the free rulebook, but yes, pages are a bit slow to load

- no

- don't know, the BTs I have on the app were not updated since I have them but I'd think the answer is no

27 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

- Haven't done a comparison with the free rulebook, but yes, pages are a bit slow to load

- no

- don't know, the BTs I have on the app were not updated since I have them but I'd think the answer is no

oh.. I was worried that they would be slow to load. Thats a bummer!

Thanks for your reply!

1. No, as far as I’m aware, the digital version of AoS battletomes (via the AoS app, can’t confirm other formats) don’t get updated. It seems that (via IBooks at least) any other digital book does get updated but can be a bit slow (up to a month late). They don’t do Enhanced Editions of AoS books because the main feature in those is ‘pop up rules text boxes’ which aren’t relevant to AoS (for example in 40K the faction rules are just listed as a ‘keyword’ on the datasheet and you need to go to a different page to find those rules, enhanced editions let you click/tap on the keyword and a text box comes up with the rule so you don’t have to flip between pages). 

2a. Can be a little bit slow to load, depends on your definition I guess.
2b. No I don’t believe so (via AoS app at least)
2c. 100% no you do not. They are separate items and you will need to buy the newer ones to get them. Also note that if you own the older ones you can still access them, but upon release of a new one you can no longer buy the old ones

• Thanks 1