Vampires + Nighthaunt info needed

Gitzdee

Hi all,

I love the new Crimson Court models announced for underworlds so i have to buy them asap.
I am wondering how i could run these models preparing for a potential new vampire army release/ new model wave. 
I really dont know much about Death factions as i mostly play Destruction.
The only Death models i own are a small Spirit Host themed Nighthaunt army including. 

Lady Olynder
Reiknor
Lord Executioner
Spirit torment + Chainghasts
9x Spirit Hosts
This comes close to a 1000 points.
I also own 10 Fenrisian Wolves i could run as Dire Wolves.

Now i think i can do 2 things at this point.

1. I could include the vampire models into a new 1000p list combined with the models i already own while waiting for more info on newer releases.

2. Add the vampire models to this list to make a 2000p army (and possibly change factions). 
I do like vargheists/dire wolves/bats/more vampires.
I would like to dodge zombies and skeletons to keep a more Spirit/Monster theme.
I am thinking about getting Mannfred/ Neferata to add to the theme, but this doesnt have any priority. 

Does anyone have a clue on how to proceed? Any tips/tricks/information are more than welcome.

Edited by Iksdee

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Does anyone have a clue on how to proceed?

Right now, I would proceed with caution...

Nurgle still rules supreme, so active play is very limited and the signs for the new book are there.

but, a vamp lord or two as ally is a nice idea, not sure if soulblight is allowed, you’ll have to check the rules, I think they are...(dolorous guard in sb)

regeneration for summonable units and his CA is for all DEATH units and a caster

the other way forward is Legion of grief, where a lot of ghosties are allowed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honk said:

the other way forward is Legion of grief, where a lot of ghosties are allowed

Unfortunately you can't run any vamps in LoG, not even as allies. It's a crying shame. They're good to go as allies in NH though. 

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

1. I could include the vampire models into a new 1000p list combined with they models i already own while waiting for more info on newer releases.

I'd probably err on the side of caution and go for this. In a 1k list you're allowed 200 for allies, which would be enough for one vamp. lord (140). Keep in mind, in case you're WYSIWYG, that only 2 of them (the ones with swords) are equipped appropriately for the rules as they currently are.

You might also want to keep in mind the role of NH in any future expansion. Nothing's confirmed but I would easily bet a Mars bar on NH being pulled out of any new Legions of Nagash/Soulblight army.  

Edited by lare2
  • Thanks 2

Are there any rumours at this point of Nighthaunt models being seperated from LoN when the Soulblight Gravelords hit the stage?
If the transition takes forever to completely take shape like they did with the Orks and Goblins army i dont really mind buying a few models tbh.

What would a nice 1000p LoB list look like with the models i own + some vampire lords? What models should i add?
Something like this? I could add Olynder or Reiknor by removing a Vampire Lord and the Chainghasts.

Allegiance: Legion of Blood

LEADERS
Vampire Lord (140) - General
Vampire Lord (140)
Vampire Lord (140)
Spirit Torment (120)

UNITS
5 x Dire Wolves (70) - Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (70) - Battleline
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
2 x Chainghasts (70) - Allies

TOTAL: 990/1000 WOUNDS: 62 L

Edited by Iksdee

4 hours ago, Iksdee said:

What would a nice 1000p LoB list look like with the models i own

I can’t really talk about NH stuff, since I don’t use them...but:

Not sure how your damage output will look like, if Hosts buffed by the ghasts and torment are good... 

same goes for staying power, 6 hosts are 18 wounds, kinda 36 hits... a good charge might cripple them. The torment might heal, same as the vamps, but wasn’t there a hero that returns full models?

the torment and the ghasts do the same thing, maybe true in a Knight of shrouds, +1 to hit comes after rerolling 1s or a guardian, with the d6 Regen spell and reroll 1 to wound...

still reapers might be better a better option, going NH 🤔

why do you want to play LoBlood? You‘re not using Bloodknights, and while „normal“ vamps also benefit, they are quite squishy ... could go for host (extra healing) or night for ambush 

sorry for not being that enthusiastic, just can’t see your battleplan outside the buffed hosts...

if you have the option to play, just go for whatever and see where it takes you

• Like 1

I dont own any book besides Nighthaunt yet so i picked one that could make a legal list with these models (blood seemed appropriate XD).
I also dont know how to make the vampires look good in any list. I could just play a NH list with allies but i kind of want to do it the other way around to make it feel different enough. It doesnt have to be a competitive list but i dont want to get stomped easily by having no synergies at all. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Are there any rumours at this point of Nighthaunt models being seperated from LoN when the Soulblight Gravelords hit the stage?
If the transition takes forever to completely take shape like they did with the Orks and Goblins army i dont really mind buying a few models tbh.

The new wave of NH models weren't originally part of LoN. They were patched in at a later date after AoS2.0 dropped. If they do get pulled out, I would very much imagine it would be an immediate thing. The impression given is that GW had very little intention of having the two mix and I honestly cannot see any ghosts remaining in SBG.

2 hours ago, Honk said:

Not sure how your damage output will look like, if Hosts buffed by the ghasts and torment are good... 

Hosts buffed by torments are pretty solid. Kinda makes the ghasts obsolete though as they basically do the same job (rerolling 1s). I'd look to drop the latter and probably another vamp. lord to do what you said. I'd go for Reikenor though but solely because I think he's the bee's knees. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Iksdee said:

OBR on release was completely self-contained.  FEC cut out bedsheets and deathrattle as allies entirely.  Everyone else can get Nighthaunt as allies.  In the days before most Death had to be grouped just from model range limitations.

No one knows what is coming.  Soulblight GL could be a self contained book or a hybrid revamp for parts of LoN.  Everything said on it are just assumptions at this point.  The best thing anyone can do mental health wise is keep an open mind and analyze what come out.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 5:32 AM, Iksdee said:

I love the new Crimson Court models announced for underworlds so i have to buy them asap.
I am wondering how i could run these models preparing for a potential new vampire army release/ new model wave. 

If you seriously plan to go all in on the much speculated potential book then buy the upcoming Warband as planned and save (or short term invest) money for when needed purchases are made apparent.

Like Honk tentatively said Legion of Grief might be a way forward although that is against your aesthetic.  Every time I try to form a suggestion seeing the clash between your named characters and LoN options leaves me flummoxed.  Kudos to Honk and Lare2 for pitching.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1