Quote function

Souleater

• 2 weeks later...

If we could have some kind of guideline against quoting whole sets of pictures to reply to them, that would make navigating the site much nicer. I know this happens because people are excited to comment on things, but it quadruples the amount of scrolling needed.

Quote chains can be an issue at times, though in general its not too bad here. 

I don't think that trying to force people to type more to reach a random quota would help (remember school essays when you had a word limit and couldn't reach it - you end up waffling just to get there). 

What might be possible, and I'm not on the tech side so I don't know if it is, would be for the site to automatically set any double or more quotation chain to a spoiler tab, which at least would hide the quote chain unless you unlock it to view. Though how practical that would be I can't say.

A short term resolution might be to report any large quote chains that you notice (just the one report is needed). It might be you're seeing far more of them than mods see or that we aren't seeing them as an issue when we do see them. If you report them might help highlight the issue if there really is one. If there is the most likely move would be mods issuing some community guidelines/reminders to people to tone it down in general, rather than launching into software changes. 

• 4 weeks later...