Bloodthrister of insensate rage: Halo of Blood - 270
Exalted Greater Daemon of Khorne: armour of scorn - 520
Skarbrand: 380
Slaughterpriest: Blood Sacrifice - 100
3 x 10 Bloodreavers
Tyrants of blood
Wrath-axe
Extra command point

We played Focal Points. He had 5 drops to my 7, so he took 1st turn.

EvWBAyOXIAICxT5?format=jpg&name=medium

BOK turn 1. (Middle primary obj) 
So I knew he would be trying to Alpha as much as possible as he can run and charge, so I set back off the 12inch line (I think i was around 8.5 on). He didnt check this, so ran forwards as far as possible and didnt screen this thirsters as he thought he could charge them. It was in the charge phase he realized his mistake as they were min 13 away. He did cap 6pts. 

DOK turn 1:

Tried to cast mirror dance but failed, though I got mindrazor off on the sisters. I also got my avatars going ok and put blessing of khaine on the sisters. I did make a mistake and forgot the changes in witchbrew (now wholly within) and got the heart off so it was going to cover half the obj and combat with Blood thirsters.

I moved up my force with some khinari coming down onto left flank to block up Skarbarn a little and the shadowstalkers heading to contest the right obj. 

Shooting took some wounds off the middle left Bloodthrister of insensate rage, while the rest killed off some of the reavers to allow me to cap the points uncontested. (the blade covern blood stalker got double 6's both times she shot, so going to need a name for her lol) 

Combat saw me wipe the center out with the loss off 4 snakes total (He had the  ability that allows him to attack as if no wounds. He made a mistake though and his exalted greater daemon was actually killed before he could attack as is miss calculated by 10 wounds but we didnt know till after the game)

I capped 4pts and rolled for obj which moved to the left flank. He won the roll off and took it

EvWBBq8WgAwpI-P?format=jpg&name=medium

BOK turn 2:
SKarbrand moved to charge in and he failed to cast wrathaxe. The exalted retreated and went back a bit. His 2nd insensate rage BT charged into the snakes flank. And Skarbrand hit the khianri (3 of which dead from his shooting attack) and moved to clip the non general shrine, which he did 7 wounds to. The insensate rage BT killed 2 snakes, and died to fight back (as Crystal touch just can do so many mortal wounds)

He capped 1pt

DOK turn 2:
Mindrazor and Bloodsnake both failed to cast but I got witchbrew onto the Avatar and blessing on the sisters again. 2nd unit of Khinari flew onto left obj with the 2 remaining Khinari retreating to it also. sisters moved up on both flanks with the Shadowstalkers moving to take the right reavers.

Shooting saw 4 reavers die, and the Exalted finished off. Also chipped some wounds off Skarbrand.

Charges saw the sisters and Khinari charge forwards and the shadowstalkers engaged the reavers. Avatar charged Skarbrand

Combat saw the slaughter priest and all remainind reavers die and Skarbrand fell also. We called the game there really 

EvWBCXcWYAAbBFN?format=jpg&name=medium

EvWBDRRWgAA-RBd?format=jpg&name=medium

Points of note:

Avatar plus Heart means it sticks around longer. Its also really solid with Haggnar/Blessing/cauldron. 

I am happy with 2x5 stalkers. I think more would be too much as the shooting was very hit and miss since unable to be buffed.

Not sure Crimson was worth it in this game. I did heal the Shrine by 2w but that was all. 

I think I am going to take 5 Lifetakers and 5 heartrenders. Having the different options would have been better for  pipping off wounds at Skarbrand rather than just sitting there to be charged. 

Didnt get to use my snake which was fair enough. We did a fund roll vs the slaughterpriest and he would have died lol.

Crystal touch was baller. Did 9MW 1 turn and 6 in another.  I guess if they die quickly its not great, but since all the defense on them they stuck around well. 

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 2

What was your list? I didn’t see a link at the top of your post. 
You said the blood stalkers’ shooting was hit or miss - do you think they’re overrated? I’ve seen a lot of hype for them with the release of the new book. Could they shine outside of Morathi lists?

1 hour ago, Avindskjold said:

What was your list? I didn’t see a link at the top of your post. 
You said the blood stalkers’ shooting was hit or miss - do you think they’re overrated? I’ve seen a lot of hype for them with the release of the new book. Could they shine outside of Morathi lists?

Sorry, bad link. I have fixed it so is now in the above post to (to save reposting)

Stalkers: I think if you are not fully investing in them then yes, they are hit and miss and I wouldnt recommend over 10 (2 x 5 works fine and is just 280pts. Good support units. However, Catachism doesnt work on them, neither does witchbrew or does Zealot's rage.  

Now, if you invest in them and take Morathi, then 15-20 would work well as you get the double shot ability with Morathi which can make up for the lack of buffs 

• 5 months later...

Hey! Hope it’s alright I add my battlereport here. Me and my roommates are doing a Path to Glory! To add a bit more variety, we’re doing 2 armies each. Here’s a rundown of my first battle, vs Soulblight!

List is attached. Short version is Khailebron with both snek heroes, both snek units, shadowstalkers, hag queen, and an Avatar. And a bloodwrack viper. Good variety, all in a Battle Regiment. 

We were doing the battle with 4 objectives in a square and 1 in the center. They had 2 zombie squads at the front, with a skeleton knight hero for a general in the middle. Necromancer hiding behind some cover. And 2 units of blood knights in reserve due to subfaction. 

I deploy with the Shadowstalkers on one objective, archers on the other, then the melee sneks in the front, heroes behind with Avatar. I take first because one drop. Fail mindrazer, get catechism. Command point to let my Sisters zoom down the board into the general. Archers move up [but I forget to shoot with them, oops], heroes run up in a cluster for the tactic, jump the Shadowstalkers into the mix so they can’t be deepstrike killed and Khailebron teleport the Avatar [still asleep, but ready to wake up next turn when he’s needed]. 

melee sneks get into the general easily. …and scratch him up a little. Dude was way tankier than I thought [that will be a theme of this battle]. Lose a couple in retaliation. End turn with 5 VP [3 objectives, 2 tactics]

their turn 1. Choose to go for kill battleline, like that damaged snek unit in the general’s face. Necromancer gets off lifeswarm, which will prove a bane of my existence too. Uses the hero power to heal the General back to full. Shuffles the zombies a bit, Necromancer goes to help his boss, blood knights pop up behind me stealing objectives, but they fail their charge with a reroll each [command ability and triumph]. General and zombies squish sneks. Gets his 5 VP. 

round 2, my turn. I go for stealing one of his objectives, which I do with my Shadowstalkers fairly easy. They’re right by the general and a pack of zombies, but it is what it is. I get my Avatar up, and cast the Viper with a 12! That blood noodle did work!!! Not yet, obviously, but ya. Summoned it by the two knight squads. Avatar moved down to help with that, and my heroes moved to skirmish peoples. The Necromancer barely scrapes by with 1 health after a ton of amazing saves and wards, surviving archers and Ironscale. Medusa blasts some zombie and avatar scratches some knights. End with 4 VP, 2 from objectives and 2 from tactics, for 9. 

his turn 2, and my viper eats one knight. The rest of that unit kinda walk around it, but it’s so big they have some trouble. The others walk up to the avatar, but I redeploy him back and roll a 6, so he’s with the rest of the squad. Both knights fail their charge. But his general and the zombies by their get theirs off! Lifeswarm and Necromancer move closer to that battle. Necromancer casts something but I unbind. A bunch of Shadowstalkers fall, but enough hold that I keep the unit. He gets 5 VP, tactic was to hold 2 objectives not in his territory, like the ones he deployed his knights onto. 10 VP total. 

turn 3. 2 more dead knights to viper. His general heals back to full and a bunch of zombies get brought back. I fail another mindrazer, but get my catechism on the Avatar. Archers get dropped onto his other territory, netting me the 2 units wholly within his territory tactics, and paper the zombies that are the only targets in range. Don’t steal the point though. Zombies move slow. Get a few more pot shots at the zombies with general, using my Medusa and my general, but they just keep coming back! And any wounds I get on his general get healed back in the hero phase with heroic action. The Avatar does work at least, cleaving one knight and barely leaving another alive. Takes half his health in retaliation though. Shadowstalkers are stuck [my reading of their ability is they can’t teleport out of combat, as they can teleport instead of a normal move, and can’t teleport instead of a retreat like some units mention], but holding alright. Snek heroes run into that brawl and start clearing a path through the zombies, but it takes a while. Hardly scratched for their efforts though. I do get 4 VP, for 13 total. 

his turn 3, more zombie rezzing, more healing general. Viper finishes its unit of knights. Zombies by archers shamble back to them, end up kinda entrenching that unit in a bog that goes nowhere. Remaining blood knights finish the avatar, I kill off most of the zombies but a few remain, and my shadowstalkers aren’t looking great but they’re holding in there. He gets 3 VP,  there really wasn’t any tactic he could go for so he burned taking down the monsters I don’t have. Bringing him to 13

turn 4, and he gets the double! Takes it and runs down my hag who’s been lonely in the middle, but not before losing a knight to the viper [thats 6 models killed with that so far]. Btw, did I mention his general healed to full and he got back a bunch of zombies? He takes my Shadowstalkers down to the queen, I finally finish his zombies. Hag holds on for her life against the two knights. Gets 3 more Vp for 16. 

my turn 4. Viper finished the knights, coming in at a solid 9 downed through the game! But that was the end for it because everything else was too far off. I go for taking down his general, try and fail to take him down. Pulled out the shadow queen, which might have made the difference, but I needed her jumping next turn. Archers and zombies still off in the background trading blows and being irrelevant. End with 2 VP for 15. 

he secures first turn and we call it. I won’t be able to finish off his zombies, so he’ll have his grand strategy of keeping a battleline alive. I’ll be able to get mine, to control more territory, because I can jump 2 peoples on my turn. None of our remaining heroes are damaged after some good heroic recoveries, and we’re both spent on tactics we could pull off, so he’ll win by one. Had I doubled I could have tied the VPs and won a minor off having more tactics completed. But still, it was a really close match and I had a bunch of fun!

I know it’s a bit of a wall of text, but here are some takeaways: the Viper did work! 9 blood knights swallowed. Which, to be fair, is where it shines. Elite small units. Avatar almost did solid work, but some good rolls on his saves kept it from getting kills. My plan of pumping up the melee sneks and launching them forward for massive damage did not work, but maybe if I can build them up in size a bit? Idk, we’ll see how that goes. If nothing else they pulled some threat so the rest of the army could advance, so that’s something. This list is surprisingly shooty, with all but 2 units having something in that phase, which mostly just meant I could pop zombies faster and was able to eventually take down that necromancer, even if his ward saves were on point. 

Nastrond 2.pdf

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1