Mount question - melee weapons

TheGoose

Do mounts have melee weapons. I was playing orc's today and used Violent Fury on my gore gruntas which add 1 to the damage inflicted by attacks made with melee weapons by that unit. Per the warscroll the Tusks and Hooves are melee weapons but my opponent said the mounts attacks are not melee weapons. I could not find anything in the rule book about this. What does the group think?

2 hours ago, TheGoose said:

Do mounts have melee weapons. I was playing orc's today and used Violent Fury on my gore gruntas which add 1 to the damage inflicted by attacks made with melee weapons by that unit. Per the warscroll the Tusks and Hooves are melee weapons but my opponent said the mounts attacks are not melee weapons. I could not find anything in the rule book about this. What does the group think?

Tusks and hooves are melee weapons.  they are listed under the headline "Melee Weapons" on the warscroll.  Ranged attacks are listed under "Missile Weapons" on warscrolls (see Savage Orruk Arrowboys warscroll).  This applies to all warscrolls across the game.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheGoose said:

Do mounts have melee weapons.

6 hours ago, Aelfric said:

they are listed under the headline "Melee Weapons" on the warscroll.

The only exception that comes to my mind are artifact weapons that give bonuses. Those only apply to the wielder not the mount...

• Like 1

Command traits do not apply to the mount either, its in the core rulebook what doesn't apply to mounts, page 242 in the core (paper) book.

Its also all artifacts that don't apply to mounts, not just artifact weapons

• Like 1