Blue Iridescence Paint or Techniques

LordRhulak

I'm currently working on my Leviadon and I would like to get an irridescent look on the shell. I'd like to keep the blue colour as well as the gradient on each scale. Does anyone know of any paints or techniques that I could use to get that irridescent look while still having a blue colour with varying tone?

On 1/27/2021 at 9:40 AM, LordRhulak said:

I'm currently working on my Leviadon and I would like to get an irridescent look on the shell. I'd like to keep the blue colour as well as the gradient on each scale. Does anyone know of any paints or techniques that I could use to get that irridescent look while still having a blue colour with varying tone?

You've painted it already blue and shaded, blended it? Cause then it's gonna hard to get a strong truly iridescent look without painting completely over your work. I'd settle for only a slight iridescent look and paint color shift paints over your existing work. Yes, the effect will be subtle (they're best used atop a black gloss primer) but it will still be vaguely iridescent (the more layers you use, the stronger the effect will be... and you'll need lots of layers!) but there's also one positive side to it: the grainy texture of the flakes will be much less visible. You can get color shifters from Greenstuffworld or Vallejo. I got one called Storm Surge Green I think, that could be a decent start (it's a mix out of blue and green, good for Alpha Legion and perhaps turtles too). But there are many different colors.