Ordering from the UK Post-Brexit

Meatgrinder

Hey folks,

Does anyone know any UK suppliers that have their EU shipping sorted out yet? I usually order from Element but they dont seem to have any idea about how VAT or import taxes work when shipping to the EU. I know I can claim back VAT if they charge me UK VAT and I get slapped with local VAT, but its a huge pain to do so and Id rather just find somewhere that has things worked out at point of purchase. Our local post has already sorted things with a ton of suppliers but none of them are hobby suppliers as of yet.

Wayland might, they are pretty big and more likely to have this sorted than smaller stores.

That said international trade is in a huge mess even before Brexit and Brexit itself is throwing up all kinds of problems where even correctly filled in forms are getting rejected by different agencies because they aren't yet up to speed etc...  I think with corona also cutting down a lot of staff and other aspects it might well be that you're looking at a few months before things clam down and the trade steadies. 

1 hour ago, Meatgrinder said:

Hey folks,

Does anyone know any UK suppliers that have their EU shipping sorted out yet? I usually order from Element but they dont seem to have any idea about how VAT or import taxes work when shipping to the EU. I know I can claim back VAT if they charge me UK VAT and I get slapped with local VAT, but its a huge pain to do so and Id rather just find somewhere that has things worked out at point of purchase. Our local post has already sorted things with a ton of suppliers but none of them are hobby suppliers as of yet.

anything under 22 euros is fine

22 - 150 euros is only the customs processing fee which will vary + will cost you time - currently my package from the elementgames have been in mu country's  customs foor a week.....  this ends at 1.7.2020 

everything above 150 euros will be slapped with VAT and customs processing charges. 

Also if the thing you are ordering has been manufactured mostly in the UK there will be no customs charges BUT you will be dealing with the customs anyway and  I am not sure which documents will your custom office want that the palstic toys from UK have been mostly manufactured there (iirc the printed things are manufactured in china? There is an exact description of what % does it need to be to be considered as manufactured in the UK but good luck going through the 2000+ pages UK-EU deal)

As mentioned in  this thread , wayland might have sorted out European shipping with no extra VAT (you will just pay your country VAT and not the UK one): EU Shipping Information - Wayland Games.

That said, there might still be some custom processing charges, and there is also a kinda vague " If you are ordering something that was manufactured outside of the EU or UK, duties may apply. "  without any mention of when the duties will actually be applied.

To be honest I still have to try ordering from the UK after brexit and I would suggest to wait a bit before doing so, UK-EU trade is still kinda of a mess at the moment.

That said, if you want to try ordering anyway, make sure that the shop you're buying from knows how to avoid the double-VAT.