Painting Slaanesh Chaos Warriors

Sabotage!

Hey folks,

I've been seriously contemplating putting together a Slaanesh army this next year (Loving those Painbringers, the Fiends are some of my favorite AoS minis, and if the Slaangor to be released are anything like the Underworlds one I am hooked). I want to add in some Chaos Warriors, as I love the miniatures and played Warriors from early 5th to the end of Fantasy. They also seem to fill a niche in the Slaanesh army that is missing (durable anvil type unit). The issue I have is that I don't really want to paint them purple or pink (I have painted a lot of purple in my day and I'm not a big fan of pink armor). I was thinking of painting a very dark blue (Incubi Darkness), washing the armor green, and then doing a Kabalite or Sybarite green edge highlight. I'd do the cloaks in purple or a teal. Do you folks think that would look too Tzeentchian for a Slaanesh unit?

I mean, I know you can paint your units however, and say they have whatever mark (barring them having god-specific symbols and what not), but I would like to avoid confusing my opponents and would want something that would look nice with the rest of the army.

I think they would look good as you described and really and you answered your own question.  Paint them as you like and just tie in that color through out the whole army.  Including all the correct models and disclosing they're all Hedonites/Slaanesh is more than enough to not confuse anyone!  Have fun with it, those models look amazing.

Edited by Archion89
  • Like 1

Well, it's not a traditional Slaaneshi color scheme but those are your models and also it's always interesting to break out of a preconceived mold. They would probably remind people more of Dark Eldar/Drukhari than Tzeentch. You might want to ask this question in the painting forum however as people might overlook in here. 

Thanks for the insight folks! I think I will just go for it and keep the scheme across the army,  assuming I'm not mixing in things from other armies it shouldn't be too confusing. Good point on Drukhari Mitgas, I hadn't even thought of that. I knew I had seen a similar scheme somewhere that i enjoyed....hahaha.