Newbie to Destruction/AOS

Edward

Hey guys i had my first couple  games of AOS last week and used my Ogre kingdom army i had from 8th.

Im thinking about going for Beastclaw raider/Moonclan grots for my first AOS army, the reason behind the choice is that the BCR look awesome and i think using the grots is a good way of bolstering the model count.

I'm going to start with a 1000 point list have a few more games to get the rules down and hopefully work out some tactics.

I was thinking something like this:

Huskard on Thundertusk 

Mourning 2x2

20 grots

20 grots

980 points

What do you guys think?

Any advise on moving up to a 2000 point list/ general tactics would be appreciated .

Cheers.

Hey Edward!

I like the idea of this army, have you given any thoughts to creating an overall theme? It would be kind of fun to replace all the Ogres with Howdahs full of Night Goblins!

My only thoughts on building up this army is to flesh out the NG to units of 40 with Netters and add some Fanatics. Building up on both of those will give you some board control as well as better survivability. Add some buffing Shamans too!

18 minutes ago, Dez said:

My only thoughts on building up this army is to flesh out the NG to units of 40 with Netters and add some Fanatics. Building up on both of those will give you some board control as well as better survivability. Add some buffing Shamans too!

Agreed. In the doubles tournament I was at this past weekend, my partner @Paddy O'Sullivan used two units of 40 Moonclan Grots with Netters and 6 Fanatics in each. I was very impressed, it's powerful stuff.

• 1 year later...

As everyone else has said, definitely get some fanatics. It leaves people who dont remember them to easily fall into traps, and people who do remember them to slowly fall into insanity and paranoia as they think any charge will lead to their end.  If you want a 200 point list, i would also say get a night goblin warboss, as they can boost the damage of your grots.

Archived