Getting into Nighthaunt

DeadGroove

Being a relative newbie to the game (started playing august last year, took time off and now getting the urge again) I wish to build something fairly casual, but also not terrible. A friend of mine is selling me 30x chainrasp horde for a bargain price, the easy to build ones available from the mortal realms magazines. So I'm wondering what the cheapest way to build a nice 1000 points army to play casually with friends (and my local gamestore, when I can) from this starting point.

If you can get your hands on the nighthaunt portion of soul wars you've got yourself an army (be warned a couple of units come in the wrong size). 

Mortal realms magazines are also worth looking at, one edition came out with 3 nighthaunt heroes (Knight of shrouds, spirit torment, guardian of souls) 

First of all, buy another 10 Chainrasp in order to have 40 (sometimes you will use the horde unit).

Banshees are cheap, a unit of 12 is always good.

You need the heroes of the Soul Wars box too. And the dreadblades and probably reikenor.

Spirit host are cheap and good to: with 6 everything is "ok".

Bladegheist are one of our best units. Units of 10 or 20 are a great glass cannon too.