Point of spyreheart warhost

Shrouded in the Mist

So in gw's official errata the question was asked about this Battalion. Where the anointed on phoenix would count for the Battalion but gw also then stated you can then only have 1 anointed in the Battalion. So my real question is, is this Battalion even worth it then each phenix essentially loses half its effective wounds and then does less damage to, so you can pay for a very expensive Battalion that might cause a small amount of mortal wounds? Am I missing something? I was considering doing an all phoenix temple list with 2 of each phoenix in 2k points but it looks like I may as well drop the Battalion for an anointed on foot. 

Hello.

I have no idea why you would lose half of your wounds in the bataillon nor would it do less dammage.

When selecting your phoenix army, this would looks like :

Anointed 80

Troops 200

troops 200

phoenix X4  1040

bataillon 100

You may put your anointed on a phoenix or not but you have to pay for him anyway.

You may have aditional anointed but they are simply not part of the bataillon.

I see what you mean.

From my point of view you have to pay for the hero and the phoenix and you can put them together.

I think it is the right way of using them as getting a bunch of free hero seems particulary deloyal for your opponent.

I understand that there is no separate cost for the combinaison for the two and as long as this is missing i recommand adding both costs. You know it is like getting helebron on your cauldron of blood for free... your opponent will frown on you and leave the table (and make you a terrible reputation).

Plus you can see adding the two models is a win-win scenario : the phoenix enjoy the nice 4++ and the anointed uses the phoenix HP. Paying for both is the right approach.

Kozokus.

20 hours ago, rokapoke said:

Paying for both may be the "right" approach for gentlemanly play, but it's not the approach as written in the General's Handbook.

Unless you are in a tournament (and in that case, the Tonament organizer will surely have a word on such liberal approach of the rules) you are in a gentleman play.

There is currently a blank in the rules about phoenix, cauldron, hurricanum and 2-3 other things. Abusing that is not something you should aim. Wait for the FAQ, this is surely something that will corrected.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Uncas said:

Agree with Rokapoke, putting annointed on the Phoenix does not cost extra 100 points. You are not adding the annointed wounds to your Phoenix, so it would not make sense to add full points from the annointed to the cost. 

The wounds are not the only thing you add in the operation.

For my part i have no idea what is the right solution and you should have a word with your opponent/tournament organizer before fielding such units.

Agree with Rokapoke, putting annointed on the Phoenix does not cost extra 100 points. You are not adding the annointed wounds to your Phoenix, so it would not make sense to add full points from the annointed to the cost. 

They make completely clear in the table in the GH that the only effect of adding the rider is that you become both Leader and Behemoth.

Agreed Nico, sorry, I think I  worded it poorly, but that is how I read the rules too. Re Kozokus, per the rules as stated currently, there is nothing that says that you should add an extra 100 for the annointed, so it shouldn't  be an issue in matched play/tournaments. Obviously, the annointed gives benefit besides wounds, but the point of the statement was that when you put an annointed on your Phoenix, you are not really adding an individual 100 pt annointed to your army( w/ its own wounds etc). It should probably have some point cost, but order should have a better alliance trait and dark riders should hit on 4s

Archived