City Stormhost paint schemes

thubivision

After a break from the hobby for a couple years, I'm super into the idea of starting a Cities army. I already have some painted Stormcast and KO that I'd like to use as a jumping off point.

My question revolves around paint schemes. If my SCE are painted like Hammers of Sigmar, would people cry foul or be annoyed if I played Tempest's Eye, or any other City for that matter? I'm 99% certain it would be "legal" and my gut feeling is it doesn't matter since they wouldn't really have their special rules anyway. However, I don't play enough to have a sense of if that's what people generally think and I'd hate to cash in game time with the wife and kids to just have an annoyed opponent.

Thanks.

I have not heard of this being an issue even in 40K. Heck there was a guy who painted his Khorne Berserkers blue....

First and foremost this is a hobby, that utilizes plastic miniatures painted in any way you deem fit. If you want to paint a unit Stormcast in black and silver to fit alongside your Black Templar army (example) you are free to do so and no one can really say a thing.

More troublesome thing is with conversions and proxies, but as long as the model represents what it is supposed to be you should be fine.

I mean heck, my army is a good example of this. So far no one complained about me running a fully aesthetically themed Nippon/Cathay army. Although I guess some complaints might come when I start playing Gyrocopters/Bombers. Finally got a good proxy equivalent  to use but since those are Smaller Dragons that fit on the base I guess some confusion in the beginning might happen 😛