2000 Point Tournament Stormcast Eternals List

AverageBoss

Going to my first AoS tourney this weekend. I have a list mostly planned out. Looking for general feedback, as well as opinions on what I should spend my last 100 points on.

Leaders
Lord Celestant (100)
Lord Castellant (100)
Knight Vexillor (200)
Knight Venator (120)

Units
Judicators x 5 (160)
Judicators x 5 (160)
Liberators x 5 (100)
Paladin Retributors x 10 (440)
Concussors x 2 (280)
Tempestors x 2 (240)

1900/2000

Thinking that I will fill out the last hundred in with either 5 more Liberators or 3x double hammer Prosecutors. Unless anyone here has other ideas.

As far as other models I have available not in the list above:

4x Stardrakes (1x Celestant + 3x Templars)

1x Celestant Prime

1x Knight Questor

2x Knight Heraldors

2x Knight Relictors

15x Liberators

2x Tempestors

2x Desolators

9x Double Hammer Prosecutors

1x Gryph Hound

I could get away with using my non-Tempestor Dracoths (6 of them) as Celestants on Dracoths if needed.

I wound't add a questor :/ i admit i do not like the rules and find him rather inutile.

In the configuration you take adding 5 liberator is probably the best thing to do.

For my part i would have done something like this :

Celestant prime 360

Lord castellan 100

Vexilor 200

2 Judi 320

1liberator 100

10man retributor 440

2Xtempestors 480

That is  2000 but maybe the best thing to do is to swap a tempestor and a judicator for a liberator and a concussor, but that is 20 points left.

Or

Bring da drakesworn temple formation and crack the table :P  + 4 liberator

I see alot of people talking good about the Celestant Prime, but I just can't seem to bring myself to put him on the table. I just have trouble seeing the upside of paying almost 400 points for an 8 wound model, that won't impact the table until turn 3 (when most games I have played have already been decided). I really do want to like him though.

As far as my list options, I should probably mention that the lists I feel most threatened by that I might face this weekend include 2x Sylvaneth lists w/ Alarielle. One goes more infantry heavy, the other more monster heavy. Both seem to have tons of rerollable 2+ or 3+ saves with tons of healing. The 3rd is an Achaon chaos list. Archaon is just scary from everything I see.

Also I always have a hard time deciding between Fulminators and Tempestors :P . Fulminators can do obscene damage, but that -1 to hit on an enemy can be a life saver.

14 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

I see alot of people talking good about the Celestant Prime, but I just can't seem to bring myself to put him on the table. I just have trouble seeing the upside of paying almost 400 points for an 8 wound model, that won't impact the table until turn 3 (when most games I have played have already been decided). I really do want to like him though.

The ability to drop him wherever you want him and delete a unit is powerful, especially in a objective focused game. He can change the tide of battle leaving the enemy without a firm standing.

The point is to make him charge the turn he came into play. You can put him 9" away from the ennemy and attempt a charge. Yes making a 9 on your charge roll may be difficult but remember that once a turn yu can change one result of one of his dice for the one you want. So you only have to make at least one "3" or more on two dice (if you missed your charge roll).

Archived