Starting LoN collection in the current year

DeathMortarch

Hi!

I've decided to get into LoN because I love Mannfred as a character.  I like him, vampires in general, and all sorts of spooky VC types.

I have ordered so far SC Skeletons for a Mortarch, 10 skellies and 5 Black Knights,

I also have the NH half of Soul Wars;

Knight shrouds on steed, lord executioner,  guardian of souls, spirit torment, 4 reapers, 5 stalkers, 20 rasps

Looking for advice on how to move on. For sure I want to run Mannfred,  all else is flexible!

Thanks

• Like 1

Excellent choice - I’m a Vampire enthusiast myself and love Mannfred. Vampire counts were my love from the old world and glad you’re joining our team.  I’d suggest just painting up what you own already - you already have a decent selection of units. A vampire on foot and even Arkhan help out with extra healing and magic for mannfred -who is great in combat.  Eventually treat yourself to a VloZd or other Behemoth to help round out the army. Morghasts are nice ( with halberds especially ) as they can use his command ability to dish out heavy damage .

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DeathMortarch said:

Looking for advice on how to move on. For sure I want to run Mannfred,  all else is flexible!

Think about the SC Flesh Eater Court Box, the Vamplord on Dragon and three Vargheist are in there.

Sadly Mannfred (and Neffi) are not worth their points, so you’ll have to try to get the most of them. Manni‘s CA with Blood Knights is great, but a bunch of Vargheist should do too. Or even stupid Grimghast reapers (Hate Bedsheets)...

First and foremost I would suggest like @Lich King to start painting and grab a friendly chill buddy to start playing ASAP. Don’t forget the mortarch are interchangeable (maybe paint the steed kinda neutral) and get a Necromancer...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeathMortarch said:

Thank you!

Going to also pick up  a FEC SC because the LGS has one,

Ill build, paint, learn to magnatize the Mortarchs too 💀

And always remember - if you like a model from another part of the Grand Alliance - you can always Ally it in.

19 hours ago, DeathMortarch said:

learn to magnatize the Mortarchs too 

That’s pretty easy, only the mounts head needs to be switched and the final seat needs to be magnetized. The „neckarmor“ can be swiveled on...