Skaven yes yes

Martin87

Ok so I have a really big skaven army bit when looking at the points for mach play it only allows a certain number for a alliance. Does a clan diffrent from your battle allegiance count towards allegiance points even though they are skaven? For example using a hell pit abomination with a pestalins main army. I have a ton more questions if you have time haha 

• Like 1

Well the skaven got a battletome which gave them the possibility to rake the mich better allegiance abilities of Skaventide instead if the pretty bad grand allegiance.

a Skaventide army can be build in various ways, although is a bit different to other army.

a mixed skaventide army will have stormvermins and clanrats as a Battleline option and can, after filling your main line with cheap bodies, take anything that is basically a skaven.

instead of taking a mixed skavenitde list, we are also able to go out on one clan fully, enabling new and other juicy battleline option, for example, a moulder army will be able to field rat ogres and giant rat as battleline.

there is just one small tiny limitation that comes with that.

with the exception of your general who can be a masterclan hero instead of having to have the clan specific keyword, every single unit in that army must be from that clan.

so basically a moulder only army may consist of, let’s say a Grey seer, who’ll has to be your general, and and must consist of only units that have the moulder keyword.

now comes the next problem, skaven aren’t a allies option for the skaven, so sadly you won’t be able to take a unit of meatshields into your army.

the only allies the skaven have right now is nurgle, and that is only in affect when your general has the pestilence keyword.

still the faction is great and has tons of options to build a list.

• Thanks 1

No, no, no wait!

I think you misunderstood me.

the skaven have a allegiance known as the skaventide allegiance.

A skaventide army can either be used as a mixed force, in which case you gain the ability to use clanrats and Stormvermin, the elite of clans verminus as battleline. 
The other way using or playing the skaven is to use them in a monoclan, in which case you’ll be able to use different kind of units as battleline options, but will loose the ability to take anything that is not that clan.

as for allegiance abilities or bonuses, they are pretty much the same overall, a mixed skaventide army will always be able to use all the abilities that are mentioned in the book as long as they have the correct models, that can use them. 

• Thanks 1

Ah yes yes right got you. Just another dumb question if I do this does that mean I miss out on bonuses I can get from having a specific clan? 

My idea was to have a pestalins main but use mortar teams along side plague catapults so I can fire over my battle line and also have a grey seer and doomwheel which are diffrent skaven clans that sort of thing 

10 hours ago, Martin87 said:

Ah yes yes right got you. Just another dumb question if I do this does that mean I miss out on bonuses I can get from having a specific clan? 

My idea was to have a pestalins main but use mortar teams along side plague catapults so I can fire over my battle line and also have a grey seer and doomwheel which are diffrent skaven clans that sort of thing 

This is totally possible to mix units from different clans like this using the skaventide allegiance (tho I don’t think rules for the mortar exists any more). The only thing you will need to make the army legal is 3 x battleline units, which for skaventide is either clanrats or stormvermin. Most people opt for 3 x 20 clanrats, which is the cheapest way points wise to fulfill their battle line requirement.

• Thanks 1