Hello tga.

Sam

Hello tga community. As this is my first post, I should introduce myself. My name is Sam and I'm from the West Midlands. I've been in the hobby, on and off, quite a long time. More than twenty years now, I think.

I started out when the Warhammer Fantasy Battles starter box contained plastic goblins and high elves (and a cardboard Griffin and Grom). I don't know the edition. Feels like it was 1993 or 4.

When 3rd edition 40k dropped, I left fantasy behind. Not deliberately really... Just went with the tide of my gaming group. As time passed joining back in seemed harder and harder.  I'm sure I could've got to grips with the rules,  but with every new edition the model count and the meta (which favoured large blocks of expensive boxes), seemed to me to be prohibitively expensive. I kept up with the fluff. Heck, I even enjoyed WHFRP from time to time.

Age of Sigmar has thrown the doors back open for me. I'm inspired again. I found out about tga by listening to bad dice. I'm loving it so far.  Best online community I've seen by a way.  I'm thrilled to be a part of it. 

I'm building 'daughters of Khaine' at the moment (more about this in other posts, naturally). I look forward to sharing my progress and seeing everyone else's.

It's a long way in the future, but I'm hoping to do a few tournaments next year. Never been part of that scene (though I've done some 40k events). So maybe we'll bump into each other one day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived