Grand Alliance Dwarfs

wakadaka

Hello there friends, so for fun I've been wanting to build a fluffy Dwarf list in grand alliance order. I'm looking to make something unique and able to potentially win matches while still maintaining it's theme. So I was curious at what models I should go for next and/or what I should build. The models I currently own in this regard are

Fyreslayers

Auric Runesmiter

Auric Runeson

Auric Runefather on Magmadroth

10 Vulkite Berserkers

Dwarfs

1 Far Ranger

10 Miners

Duradin

Gotrik

Dispossesed

1 Warden King 

1 Unforged

40 Warriors

10 Thunderers

10 Hammerers

Ironweld

1 Canon

8 hours ago, wakadaka said:

Hello there friends, so for fun I've been wanting to build a fluffy Dwarf list in grand alliance order. I'm looking to make something unique and able to potentially win matches while still maintaining it's theme. So I was curious at what models I should go for next and/or what I should build. The models I currently own in this regard are

Fyreslayers

Auric Runesmiter

Auric Runeson

Auric Runefather on Magmadroth

10 Vulkite Berserkers

Dwarfs

1 Far Ranger

10 Miners

Duradin

Gotrik

Dispossesed

1 Warden King 

1 Unforged

40 Warriors

10 Thunderers

10 Hammerers

Ironweld

1 Canon

Well the obvious answer seems more shooting 😁 you have plenty of anvil but you need them to come to you to hammer them. 

have tuin thought about bolt trouwers? i quite liked them before. 38 range two shots 3+ 3+ with a potential -3 rend and d6 damage. (And old rules, so the +1 to wound counts for rolling a 6+) 

Anvil of power for dispels is quite nice and cool model. 

judt be aware a lot of the old models might be retired to legends next ghb. (The last part is my protection)

as for more recent models. From what I played and found good and fun to use:

- hammerers are cool and wreck face  

- irondrakes as above but from a bigger difference. 

- runelord, super useful in all regards

- gyrocopter I found super tricky to use, but if you want the challenge of a grand allegiance army... you won’t run from that challenge 

- KO thunderers.  Good unit, haven’t played them outside of KO though.

- the big but to that is: All the flying around rules for KO are in the warscrolls. So 10 thunderers with a frigate would be super useful. 

- hearthguard bezerkers are amazing. And if you do the pole axes you have a rare  source of mortal wounds in the army. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the current suggestions. If GW does the full Squats to many of the units, more than likely I'll just try to get TO approval for legends use or just go full counts as cities of sigmar.

I think m next step will be a runelord and then some potential KO units as I agree with both your responses that I probably need more shooting. 

• 2 weeks later...