Breaking da Bonez!

DangerClose

BAH Put some proppa armor on ya poncey paintkini wearin' bonegitz!

Looking good so far! There are so many flat planes, I think you could add more tattoos. I've got some I'll be building myself and painting just for that fun. I was thinking about doing a tribal themed Bonesplitters/Spiderfang army for Armies on Parade this year...but I'm kinda running out of time and money :)

Glad you guys like it! I think this is the best tabletop standard I can manage still bearing in mind that it's a fairly model heavy army, so speed is crucial.

@rasmarog

Basecoat Elysian Green, shade Athonian Camoshade, drybrush Elysian Green, drybrush Ogryn Camo, drybrush Underhive Ash.

All the rest is just assorted browns, tans, bone-colours etc. with a healthy dose of Agrax Earthshade :) 

So I just signed up to say how ****** rad these are. Building Bonesplitterz as my first army and holy hell this is the exact scheme (paints and all) I'm working on. Only difference is mine are swamp-based and I'm trying full bone on the totem.

Seriously though man, please keep the updates coming.

Im going for: 

Army Green (Army painter) for base (spray to speed my painting, 106 models)

Earth shade Wash

Warboss Green on layer

Biel Tan Green for second wash

Moot Green for highlights

or maybe for a darker appearance: Loren Forest on layer and Warboss Green on highlights.

I was thinking of using the recipe Kenny Boucher is using for the Ork army he's working on during his Twitch livestreams. Basically, he's basecoating Iosan Green, exaggerated highlights of Moot/Escoprana Green, wash Waywatcher Green and then just touch up highlights with Necrotite Green. I'm not sure it will be effective on so much skin, but I am leaning towards giving it a shot!

May I ask how you got the skin looking so smooth with drybrushing? I've been layering so far and, while I'm happy with the results, I've only completed 8 boys out of 62 over the past two weeks. I tried drybrushing a test model today and it looks dogshit in comparison. Any tips?

Yeah I'm pretty amazed those are drybrushed even this close up! Usually you see a bit of grainy texture, they look great. Cost of entry and painting all that green skin (though it is my favorite part) is a bit of a barrier. You are making it look easy.

Fine. JUST fine. I'll go build my box now, you are making me want to paint them!

My only item I'd like to point out is perhaps making the loincloth a different color? I know it's a different tone but it's so close...using red again would help with the flow/dynamic pose.

Scheme I went with is a deep blue for all the scales (loincloths and plates) with a brighter blue for the warpaint, and a red-orange for all the furs with a lighter red-orange for the hair. Seemed to work pretty well.

I just can't get the bloody skin to look right in a humane amount of time.

Archived