Long time listener, first time *player

Kirby

Hi,  Im Kirby.  

As a kid, i used to play 40K with my older brother.  It was a long time ago - 40K 2nd edition, i think.  The box with 40 identical gretchin and cardboard cut outs of a dreadnaught.  When my brother went to uni, I continued painting some Necron for a while, but eventually stopped for lack of a gaming partner.

Anyway, im now considerably older, married and living in Korea.  Recently, i discovered a local  GW reseller and the memories of my formative years came flooding back.  Models are so much cooler, and bigger these days.

Im excited to get started with painting and a little narrative solo play (please, dont judge! ;D). Hoping to pull the trigger on a Stormcast Vanguard box set soon.

Look forward to hearing how everyone else is playing.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ayuvelon said:

Welcome!

The idea to play narrative games is just gorgeus, even in solo if you cannot find any player for now (or for any other reason). Anyway, think about the chance to involve your wife into AoS! :D

P.

Thanks for the support, @Ayuvelon

It might be a bit of challenge persuading my wife - she much prefers simple card and board games.  

I think I’ll build a couple of starter collecting kits to offer trial games to friends, first. Hopefully, it will encourage them to start their own armies later ^^

• Like 2

How funny. I'm just coming back to the game after a long hiatus when my favorite High Elves went down with the whole Old World. 

I saw the pointy aelves video a few weeks back and have since been reading up on the lore and everything else AOS. I'm definitely coming back to the game with the release of the Lumineth.

And now to the funny part: "I'm now considerably older, married and living in Korea". In my case in Seoul.  I was thinking only about playing a few times per year when I'm back home with my old friends (who mostly made the jump to AOS when it started). But if you are around Seoul - we could see  if we get something going. 

My wife is as enthusiastic about gaming with little toys as yours is : ). 

Edited by LuminethMage

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

And now to the funny part: "I'm now considerably older, married and living in Korea". In my case in Seoul.  I was thinking only about playing a few times per year when I'm back home with my old friends (who mostly made the jump to AOS when it started). But if you are around Seoul - we could see  if we get something going. 

Wow, i wasn't expecting to find any local players this easily! 

I’ve sent you a private message with contact details!  

• Like 1