Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Warpedstorm

3d printed terrain for Warcry

5 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Nice! Did you put it all together before painting it? 

Yup fully built then friend painted it, and said it was a bit of a pain in the ass to paint and get into all the nooks and crannies 

Yeah that was what I suspected. I bought a cheap Terrorgheist long ago but it was built and I just hadn’t been able to find the energy to paint it due to it being difficult to paint. IMO one of the worst things to kill a good painting mood, is messing up the result because of unreacheable areas.

Firgured out that if I finally get to start using a airbrush the Terrorgheist will be my first serious project.. I hope🤨

Well got a few new bits and pieces from the new releases. 

XG0AlWq.jpg

love the Ogroid model, great detail and a lovely pose. He’s huge too

l8PBeh6.jpg

collection is growing nicely now, I just need to start playing a bit more

7bearaE.jpg

whilst clearing out some of my figure cases to make space I had a revelation. Years ago I started collecting Runewars but forgot about it when it was killed off. Just realise I had a Legions of Nagsh warband ready to go :) happy days

cMPBx8X.jpg

tried out contrast paints for the first time. Have to say I’m seriously impressed. This was the result of one cost on the new trees. No dry brushing or highlighting yet, looks great already 

kgRAFd6.jpg

• Like 1

Got excited by the new warbands. Time to start my 10th warband 

51dUyz6.jpg

also ordered some more scenery and was impressed with the first batch

INioNMm.jpg

Kdf3Ysy.jpg

New scenery arrived today, had to redo some of the dry brushing but very pleased with the end result.

sldo finished painting some of the 3D printed terrain to go with the rest of my scenery.

can’t wait to start gaming with it

TtXnZU7.jpg

ljl9QZv.jpg
6ZgIo4s.jpg

zCJvEYM.jpgMjj84Um.jpgf1sAKqY.jpg2xS6ZiE.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

Finally finished the souldrain forest and really pleased with the result. Combined it with a few extras and can’t wait to try a game out

enBRCec.jpg
G4x0O2Q.jpg 

nxAFfC4.jpg
qn6r66O.jpg

cwC6rSY.jpg

u4UhKkw.jpg
XocMCJs.jpg
IUY6npR.jpg 

Ytg6l2r.jpg
DvYgmiM.jpg
rjxfuPO.jpg

hgn9sDx.jpg
lxhwhHZ.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Well lockdown has given me a chance to finally paint a few of my minis.

Still WIP but Skaven, Khorne and  Beastmen  will soon be joining the party after basing and highlights 

v46rKHo.jpg

qowhtNM.jpg

CeQ0oPX.jpg

yoQyTa4.jpg

ZA6MVmA.jpg

2diuiqe.jpg

8iRbrId.jpg

HKFvODq.jpg

EFjaBXS.jpg

wbfqXwW.jpg

HGhcrll.jpg

k1BWiGv.jpg

• Like 2

Have to say I am so glad I took the plunge and bought a 3D printer. Already purchased tons of stl files from this site as they are perfect for my games.

Here is the first batch off the printer all painted up

n9svChu.jpg

XPgNMpy.jpg

YZKgo7n.jpg

mIfhd4Q.jpg

l0ckpmW.jpg

AI8pxh7.jpg

• Like 1

@Warpedstorm those prints look pretty sweet, which store are you getting the files from and what settings are you using to print?

9 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

@Warpedstorm those prints look pretty sweet, which store are you getting the files from and what settings are you using to print?

They are all from https://www.printablescenery.com, lovely prints perfect for Warcry.

I have just purchased a Prusa i3 Mk3s, printing at 0.2 layer height (for speed more than anything) and 10% infill

@Warpedstorm Do you by chance remember which contrast and primer combo you used for your Sylvaneth/Souldrain trees? I have two full sets of Citadel Woods and one Souldrain that I’m about to start on and looking for some variety for them. 

37 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

@Warpedstorm Do you by chance remember which contrast and primer combo you used for your Sylvaneth/Souldrain trees? I have two full sets of Citadel Woods and one Souldrain that I’m about to start on and looking for some variety for them. 

Undercoated with wraithbone then various shades of brown for the trunks  (primarily wyldwood) and base and warp lightning green for leaves with dry brushed flash gitz yellow

I loved this print as soon as I saw it on the site, had to have it and couldn’t wait to see it finished.

So pleased with the result 

0owjgzW.jpg
IMnud3h.jpg

6TsM1Eu.jpg

aK1Wqj9.jpg
DLU7hSN.jpg

NReFe1M.jpg
0R5gMO0.jpg

gEbEiMd.jpg

Edited by Warpedstorm
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1