3d printed terrain for Warcry

Warpedstorm

Hi all and thanks for letting me join the forum. Been a keen lurker but not poster here so far but that will change :) 

Each year a group of friends get together for a challenge cup game. This year we decided on warcry. I have been  collecting the game since launch and ove it. This game me a chance to roll out 6 of my 7 warbands for a 6 player all against all game.

We used 2 boards and 2 scenery sets. Deployed 6 warbands (Corvus Cabal, Untamed  beasts, Unmade, Stormcast, Fleshester Court snd Splintered fang) with 8 thralls. Objective was who held the most chests at the end of each turn earns points.

crazy fun game. Winners ended up being splintered fang due to some great tactics, dice rolls and weight of numbers.

here are some photos of the fun.

Really loving this game and can’t wait to try the campaigns 

KecCehd.jpg

9jeSFQT.jpg

CIoQAyQ.jpg

NzWmRPG.jpg
3Iyt6ix.jpg

zqsGMdX.jpg
XaWZJSB.jpg
Xdgz2rt.jpg

N9CQS25.jpg
fb9d3Wx.jpg

rX42Ujn.jpg
47Atekv.jpg

nI6Ue9V.jpg

Edited by Warpedstorm
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 6

Some of my fondest gaming memories are playing games like this. FFA large player blocks on the table with small unit counts are so brutal and yet engaging. Alliances forming and dissolving in moments. I've not done it with Warcry but its nice to see people messing with the system like that and doing funky fun stuff!  Looks like it was a real wild fight and great to see a fully painted game in action set agaisnt great terrain - to me that's a big part of what Warcry has been about. Scenes like your last photo where its the chaos of battle and high adventure set against a fantasy background.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 11:44 AM, Kramig said:

very inspiring!! This motivates me a lot

Also seeing every miniature and scenery painted is very very good! Compliments for all the work!

Thanks, hope it helps motivate you to get some models painted. Makes all the difference to a game when it’s all painted up.

Wish I had the skill set to paint the minis but they were done by a friend of mine, Connor Marshall at CM Minatures, you can check out his work on Facebook. I painted all the scenery though and although basic I’m happy with the way it all came out. Bought the shattered vault set now so more painting to do....

On 12/31/2019 at 12:45 AM, Ahriman said:

Always nice to see such a high level of painting across all models on the board - brings the scenes to life!

Thanks and couldn’t agree more, painted minis on a painted board just makes all the difference and does bring it all to life. This game made me really love warcry even more, going to start some campaigns in the new year. Tempted by some of the big monsters to add to the fun

On 12/31/2019 at 12:23 AM, Overread said:

Some of my fondest gaming memories are playing games like this. FFA large player blocks on the table with small unit counts are so brutal and yet engaging. Alliances forming and dissolving in moments. I've not done it with Warcry but its nice to see people messing with the system like that and doing funky fun stuff!  Looks like it was a real wild fight and great to see a fully painted game in action set agaisnt great terrain - to me that's a big part of what Warcry has been about. Scenes like your last photo where its the chaos of battle and high adventure set against a fantasy background.

Completely agree and warcry is a great game to bring out these epic stories and moments. The Number of times a game has come down to the last dice roll to provide an epic end is surprising. Great game, love it.

This game has really given me the warcry big again. Thinking bout writing some campaigns expanding from the rule book, adding some more scenery and getting some of the big beasties.

Any9ne written their own campaigns yet, be interested to hear how they went and any tips or pitfalls.

1 hour ago, Warpedstorm said:

This game has really given me the warcry big again. Thinking bout writing some campaigns expanding from the rule book, adding some more scenery and getting some of the big beasties.

Any9ne written their own campaigns yet, be interested to hear how they went and any tips or pitfalls.

There are quite a few more fated quest campaigns that anyone can do in the Tome of Champions book, you could try those, assuming you haven’t played through all those already? There’s also slightly tweaked campaign rules in there which give the chance of permanent injury, light territory rules, and limit warband growth more carefully. Also updated glory points. 

Having said that, writing your own isn’t going to be very hard, if you look at the way they write theirs; the main thing that differs is the story behind convergence battles, the actual rewards and scenarios don’t differ much (in games mechanic terms) from everything else. As long as you don’t start handing out +3 attack swords or free-quad-command-traits you’ll be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

Is it possible that we could get the rules for the custom scenario you played? Would love to try it out.

Sure no problem at all.

I set up 6 warbands, each with a number Assigned from 1-6.

We had 6 players, each had a number randomly allocated to them. The number referenced the warband they would play and the deployment. Each player took their warband and Split each into 3 sub bands and deployed them in the 3  deployment points referenced by the dice corresponding to the number they were given as per the image below.

lsecO5h.jpg

we used 2 boards. We deployed everything turn 1 so we would get stuck in with no delays. I also added 4 ‘chickens’ and 4 harpies for fun.

An independent person placed 6 chests around the board. The game would end after 4 turns. At the end of each turn if you held a chest you got 1 point. Multiple people could therefore get 1 point.  If someone held more chests than anyone else they got 2 points and everyone else got zero points. If 2 or more people held an equal number of chests more than the others they would get 1 point each and everyone else gets none.

count up victory points at the end of each round to see who wins at the end of the game, if they have anything left :)

players claim a chest by having the most models from their warband wholly within 3 inches of the chest. Chests cannot be moved

hope that helps

Edited by Warpedstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ulfast said:

I must just say that I love both oyur minatures but also your battle board. Great work! Hope to see more :)

Thanks, working on another bit of scenery at the moment and will post up when finished. Got a few new allies to report on too and can’t wait for the new stuff coming out next week

So saturday we finally got around to play this 6 player mission. It ended up being a bit too long a game but I believe that was more due to the young and inexperienced players in the group. Visually it looked amazing and The game had lots of alliances as they were formed and broken in. I would play this mission again any day but probably keep it for more experienced players.

However I sure would like to see a 4 or 5 player version of the same mission as I loves the simplicity of it which made way for the alliance game.

AF06CE9A-C25B-451F-9E26-34E43E9E86FB.jpeg

0A1219A4-D88F-4AC0-BD29-CB70D8E3AEA4.jpeg

• Like 4